6 Reed Street • Pelzer, SC • (864) 947-6301
Rev. Barry Garrett
Date Established: 1882
History: Pelzer First Baptist Church, Pelzer, SC, was organized in January 1882 under the leadership of the Holy Spirit and Rev. R.W. Burts, W.H. Strickland, Colonel J.A, Hoyte, Captain J. B. Patnick and the pastors and deacons of the Big Creek and Williamston churches.
The organizational meeting was held in a store building which was located on the corner of Lebby and Smyth Street. The congregation began with only 15 members. The first pastor was Rev. R. W. Burts. In the first 10 years the congregation grew to 204. As of now the pastor is Rev. Barry Garrett with many more members .
Special Programs: WOW Group (women of works), GA, RA, Youth, New Christian Bible Study, Homemakers, Mission Friends, Brotherhood
Bible Verse: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9.
The Journal will feature an area church each week during 2012.
Email Tina at email@example.com for information on how to get your church featured in The Journal and online with The Journal Online!