Established December 21, 1952. Rev. Hayne Rivers was the first pastor to help organize the mission. Under Rev. Rivers’ leadership, which began on July 1, 1952, the mission attendance grew from seventy five to one hundred. Sunday afternoon December 14, 1952 the charter members met at Beattie School for the purpose of naming the church “Piedmont Heights Baptist Church.” Piedmont Mfg. Co. donated a house and lot to the new church.
On March 29, 1953, the church voted to build an educational building until a large auditorium could be built later. On Dec. 20, 1953, the church assembled at the new building for the first service.