Our Vision Statement: “ To be a welcoming, Loving, All-Inclusive Church Family
That Spreads the Love of Jesus Christ.”
The Methodist Episcopal Church South was organized on November 4, 1876 and met in a log cabin on Hotel Hill and later in the Union Church located where the old Sue Cleveland School now stands. It was shared with other denominations. The first Methodist Church was erected in 1892 and used until it burned on January 1, 1933.
The present church building replaced the original and was dedicated in September 1933.
Due to the joining together of several Methodist bodies, “Piedmont United Methodist Church” became the official name in 1939. In 1968, the official name became “Piedmont United Methodist Church.” The current pastor, Rev. Dr. Justin Gilreath is the 40th pastor to serve the church.