Anderson County Public Works Department has several projects in the Piedmont and Powdersville area. Among projects they are working on are the following:
Building & Codes – · PERMITS ISSUED: 10 New Single-Family Dwelling and 1 addition/renovation; 15 for Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 2 Detached Garage/Storage Buildings; 4 Commercial (These include: Massage Envy Up-Fit, New Holy Light Baptist Church – Interior Renovation); 7 Mobile Home including: New Homes and Change of Ownership
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Anderson Gold/Men’s Warehouse Up-Fit off Clemson Blvd., Center Point/Walmart Sign off Hwy. 153 in Powdersville, Fairfield United Methodist Church Sign off Firetower Rd. in Piedmont, Fire Alarm – Walmart in Powdersville, Various re-submittals.
· Met with engineering firm that represents Michelin North America on a variance request for a reduction of off-street parking and employee parking for the US 8 Facility located in Starr. The Land Use Board of Zoning Appeals will hear request at their December 2012 Meeting.
· Met with engineering firm for a final change on the site plan layout for the proposed VA Medical Clinic located off of Highway 81 near TL Hanna High School, Anderson.
· Met with developer and reviewed preliminary site plan for new office/warehouse space located on Corporate Drive, Powdersville.
· Met with property owner on property located on Homestead Road in Piedmont. The property was recorded a number of years ago and is landlocked. The property owner is working with the adjacent property owner in an attempt to secure a 20’ easement or right-of-way which will comply with current county standards.
· Working with engineering firm on a new layout for a proposed residential subdivision located on James Cox Road near Belton.
· Working with developer on a site plan for a small apartment complex located at Blossom Branch Road in Piedmont.
· Attended Planning Commission Meeting and presented staff report for the Cottages at River Reserve, a proposed residential subdivision located off Highway 153, originally approved in 2006, but was placed on hold. The Planning Commission voted unanimously to approve the subdivision.
· Staff issued 45 Septic Tank Permit Applications for Hammond Hall Subdivision located off of Stringer Road, Anderson
· Secured cashier’s check for Sterling Meadow Subdivision located on Cathey Road, Anderson
Planning & Community Development
· We are very pleased to announce that Michael Foreman passed American Institute of Certified Planners certification examination. This is a national examination process and certifies one as a professional planner with knowledge of standards of professional practice and ethics. An AICP certified planner brings extra value to their communities and employers.
· Attended Oak Hill Drive landscaping meeting on the East-West Connector to discuss with residents ideas for landscaping properties east of Highway 81 on Oak Hill Drive.
· Staffed the Planning Commission meeting on November 13th (public hearings on Jolly Acres – approved and the Comp Plan updates – tabled until December meeting; and a subdivision plat request for The Cottages at River Reserve – approved)
Roads & Bridges
· Grading crew set the new concrete box culvert on Pollard Road (C-13-0020). Back filling will start next.
· Grading crew completed Pad # 2 at the Civic Center to support carnival rides.
· Ditching crew completed a shoulder improvement project at the request of a property owner on Maxcy Drive (C-7-33). All of the trees in the R/W were removed and the ditch was moved back to obtain some shoulder in that area.
· Vegetation crews started their first week of booming in all seven mowing sections of the county. Booming cuts back the brush and small tree limbs that grow into the shoulder area and obstruct the view of oncoming vehicles.
· Bridge crew extended the boat ramp at White City Park boat ramp with concrete.
· Nighttime review of the I-85 lighting system found an entire switch had failed leaving the Exit 19 Clemson Blvd interchange on the north side dark. Building and Grounds electricians determined that it was hit by lightning. Two other bulbs were out and one bulb on the Brown Road (C-10-0155) bridge was out. They will be replaced next week.
· On call crew received 1 after-hours call-out, totaling 2 hours (1 downed tree).
· Solid Waste Manager attended Class III Landfill Operator Certification course for Landfill Managers as required by SCDHEC for required CEUs.
· We appreciate the Roads & Bridges for repairing a pothole at the Whitefield Convenience Center.
· Staff did a recycling presentation for 40 students at West Pelzer Elementary.
· An OSHA courtesy inspection was conducted at the Anderson Regional MRF. The inspection went well.
· Hauled 9.09 tons of sludge to Big Creek Landfill that was taken from 6&20 drying beds.
· Performing monthly checks on all air release valves and maintenance on valves in the Starr/Iva area.
· REWA has requested that we perform pump station evaluations on the pump stations that discharge to their treatment facility. This evaluation will help determine the condition and the pumping rate of our pump stations.