The Anderson County Public Works Department had projects in Piedmont, Williamston and in Powdersville, including meeting with the developer of the Wal-Mart site about outparcels. The following projects are underway in the county:
Building & Codes
· Working on our preliminary budget.
· PERMITS ISSUED: 4 New Single-Family Dwelling and 3 addition/renovation; 7 for Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 6 Commercial Permits Including: Piedmont Wesleyan Church Family Life Center, Veterans Mausoleum @ Forest Lawn, St. Paul United Methodist Church Picnic Shelter, Carolina Handling Renovation, Carolina Rod Shop – Gas Meter and Power to existing sign @ Anderson Station; 15 Mobile Home including: New Homes and Change of Ownership
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Amerigas Office Addition off 153 in Powdsersville, Carolina Rod Shop – Gas Meter, First Creek Baptist Church Family Life Center, Michelin Group 83 Underslab Electrical and Plumbing, Michelin Area C – Bldg. 690 Equipment Foundations, Michelin Up-Fit Building 128, Wyatts Grant Sales Office in Williamston and various re-submittals.
· Met with developer and the sign company regarding permitting requirements for the new Wal-Mart and outparcels located in Powdersville.
· Met with engineer on a new layout submittal for Airy Springs Subdivision, approval will be required by the Planning Commission.
· Met with architectural firm on Final submittal for Bowman Park Development and the new YMCA that will be presented to the Planning Commission at their February 12, 2013 meeting.
· Working with Soil and Water Conversation District and property owner on a lot that abuts up to a small stream in the rear of the property located off of Three Bridges Road.
· Secured new letters of credit for Ridgewood Subdivision and RiverDell Phase IV
· Compliance issue regarding proper skirting on mobile home located at HI Taylor Road
· LAND USE PERMITS: Montessori School, and Tire Pro Shop Addition Hwy 29 N, Williamston
· SUBDIVISIONS APPROVED: Ravenhill Subdivision Phase III, located off of Ravenhill Road
· A cease and desist notice issued last week to a commercial development on Hwy 153 in Powdersville due to off-site impacts and not following the construction sequence in the approved plans remains in effect. A re-inspection was requested and performed; however, the deficiencies had not been corrected.
· Performed one commercial and two residential sewer tap inspections this week: R&L Carriers in Powdersville and lots 51 and 59 in Airy Springs subdivision, Powdersville.
· We are working with REWA to determine who has been discharging oil and grease into Rock Tenn pump station. Once we have determined the source, they will be responsible for pumping the waste from the wet well.
· We continue to receive calls from residents around Scotts Bridge and Shackleburg road area concerning beaver activity. A resident on Shackleburg is concerned about the water backing up closer to her home.