The following information is from public works updates from Anderson County. This information applies largely to the readership area for The Journal.
Building and Codes
· Met with the Project Manager out at the Buckland/Rivendell Subdivision to review what is in place to control run-off from the properties they are grading for building. Additional silt-fencing has been installed in various locations including the area that prompted the last complaint. No mud was in the road at the time of this inspection. The Project Manager also mentioned they routinely have a road cleaner/sweeper come to the subdivision on an as needed bases and they will continue to have this done. They also have a company that does weekly inspections/reports to make sure they are in compliance with their NPDES Permits issued by DHEC. We will continue to monitor this issue.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 12 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 9 Addition-Renovation; 4 Detached Garage/Storage Buildings; 12 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 1 Renewal/Replacement; 2 Demolition; 8 Commercial Including: New Dollar General, CITI Trends Expansion, Interstate Tire Service Up-Fit, Electrical for Carswell Convenience Center, Electrical for Slabtown Convenience Center, Bosch Sign, Palmetto Liquors Sign, Electrical for Piedmont Natural Gas; 11 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: NewSpring Church Powdersville, Powdersville Medical Center Up-Fit, Watson Engineering and various resubmittals
· Planning Commission Meeting Tuesday Night and presented staff reports for the following subdivisions:
1. Holliday Commercial Subdivision located on Highway 153 and Copper Road. Plans were approved for commercial mixed use with the possibility of a restaurant, gasoline station/ convenience store or a hotel. Approved
2. Barr Circle Subdivision located on Barr Circle near Hood Road in Powdersville. Plans were approved for 18 units (Residential Duplexes). Approved
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Powdersville Middle School Football Field Expansion located in Powdersville.
§ Rowland Automotive (2nd Revision Landscaping Plan) on McGee Road, Anderson.
§ Received request from ATF for a renewal of a Home Occupation Permit to sell firearms at Sherman Court in Piedmont.
§ Received request for Final Approval for Lot #25(residential) River Reserve Subdivision regarding a floodplain development permit.
§ Request has been made to FEMA regarding HEC-RAS Model for Big Creek Tributary from Mills Street down to Williams St. This model is needed for design of the Woodmere Drainage Project for the Town of Williamston.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Honea Path Self Storage (New Mini Storage) on Princeton Highway in Honea Path.
§ Final Approval granted for a residential home on Pacolet Trail in Piedmont regarding a floodplain development permit
§ Commercial Subdivision approved by the Planning Commission January 2014 for New Springs Development and for a Master Plan. The property is located on the Southwest Corner of Highway 153 & Highway 81 Frontage/Three Bridges Road approved as part of a Master Plan. Staff met with developer for clarification on
§ Building and Codes
· Phase II of our Substandard Housing Demolition is completed except for the Buildings located at 4709 Dobbins Bridge Road. These are 2 small dilapidated buildings that had been used for Commercial Use and are required to be permitted through DHEC for asbestos abatement. The abatement process has been completed and we are waiting on release from DHEC.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 31 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 8 Addition-Renovation; 6 Detached Garage/Storage Buildings; 28 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 1 Pool; 4 Renewal/Replacement; 10 Demolition; 12 Commercial Including: Piedmont Natural Gas-Spinx Fuel Canopy, Lake Hartwell Outdoor Center, Modular Office for Discount Bark, Broadway Water Pump Station, Orian Rugs Yarn Warehouse Addition, Dozo Sushi & Hibachi Up-Fit, Shops @ Brookside – Shell, New Prospect Housing Corporation Fire Damage Repair, Pelzer Auditorium – Portable Building, Plastic Omnium Pump House, Sign for Dollar General, Electrical for Piedmont Natural Gas; 30 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Bosch Sign, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 510, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 550, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 560, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 570, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 590, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 595, First Quality-Cannonball 3 Upfit to Building 630, Carswell Convenience Center – Electrical, Family Dollar Store off Hwy 29 North, Honea Path Storage Addition, Laurel Street Village Apartments in Honea Path, Sign for Palmetto Liquors, Pelzer Auditorium Portable Building, Pickens County YMCA in Powdersville, SlabTown Convenience Center – Electrical, The Edge Up-Fit off Electric City Blvd., TTI Medical Office – Interior Upfit off of Pearman Dairy Road and various resubmittals
· MEETINGS HELDS:
§ Presented staff reports at the Anderson County Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting for District 4 and District 7 on Wednesday Jan7th and the Land Use Board of Zoning Appeals on Thursday January 8th. Both voted unanimously to approve the following;
§ Special Exception Request to allow for mini-warehouses to be expanded for property located on Princeton Highway, Honea Path, Council District 7.
§ Variance Request for a reduction of side yard setbacks for an addition for property located on Wellwood Drive, Anderson, Council District 4.
· UPCOMING MEETING:
§ Received land use application for a proposed Class I LCD (Land Clearing Debris Landfill for property located on Robertson Road. The Planning Commission will hear this request during a public hearing at their February 2015 Meeting.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ SC Farm Bureau Addition located on Whitehall Road, Anderson.
§ Champion Machine Tool Addition located on Whitehall Road, Anderson
§ HyTech Machine Addition located on Welpine Road, Pendleton.
§ Family Dollar Retail Store located on Highway 29.
§ Garvey Professional Office located on Highway 81N.
§ Verizon Wireless Tower located on Courtney Street, Pelzer.
§ Tru-Flo Commercial Building-Revised landscaping plan located in Piedmont.
§ Rowland Automotive located on McGee Road.
§ Midway Ridge Subdivision Entry Sign located on Midway Road.
§ Property located at 9315 Highway 81 S possible conversion of a residential home to a veteran clinic.
§ Lot #21 Mountain Lakes Estates, Piedmont Final Approval of a Floodplain Elevation Certificate for a residential home.
§ Lot 5 Prescott Ole Towne for a Floodplain Elevation Certificate for a residential home.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ JMS Electrical Contractors Addition located on Highway 413.
§ Lake Hartwell Outdoor Center Bait & Tackle Shop located on Highway 24.
§ Caledonia (Approved 12 Floodplain Elevation Certificates for 12 residential home site.)
§ Rivendell Subdivision received Final Approval from