J Peters Grill & Bar fire

0
334

A popular Anderson eatery was destroyed by an early morning fire on Easter Sunday. J. Peters Grill and Bar was reported on fire around 8:00. The fire apparently began in a mulch bed outside the restaurant from a discarded cigarette. The fire smoldered for several hours before apparently igniting a wooden exterior wall and traveled into the attic. Two workers were in the restaurant when they smelled smoke. Firefighters from Sandy Springs, Zion, and Centerville fought the blaze along with Sandy Springs ladder truck and Anderson county’s ladder truck. No one was injured in the fire. Jonathan Angell, owner of the restaurant has plans to rebuild. (Photo by David Rogers)