Williamston Police Report


Williamston Police Officers investigated the following incidents:

Apr. 1 – Arthur James Wright, 77, 101 East Setlement Rd, 3606, Greenville reported the rear window of his van shattered while at 4 W Second St. Damage was estimated at $500. J. Taylor investigated.

Apr. 1 – Larry Strom reported fraudulent charges of $267.21 on a cell phone bill in which a phone was purchased by unknown persons and delivered to Houston Texas. The incident remains under investigation. M. E. Simmons investigated.

Mar. 29 – Douglas Delano Shaw, 43, 804 N. Hamilton St. Williamston (Palmetto Stadium) reported damage to a soccer goal post in which the top bar was bent causing $2500 in damage. Sgt. K. J. Winn investigated.

Apr. 2 – Paul C. Addington, 87, 9 Pinecrest Dr., Williamston reported being threatened in his home by a 50 year old Greenville man. The incident remains under investigation. G. Cremer investigated.

Apr. 4 – Rebecca Leigh Vissage, 26, 107 Quail Lane, Pelzer was arrested for simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after two vehicles were observed near the ATM behind BB&T, 1 Greenville Dr.. A baggie of marijuana was found on Vissage. A grinder was found in the drivers door. She was issued a courtesy summons for the offenses. Cpl. L. E. Mulz investigated.

Apr. 4 – Thomas Leo Price, 44, 6 Crescent Dr, Williamston was arrested for shoplifting and possession of crack cocaine after officers were dispatched to the Williamston Curb Market, 508 Greenville Dr. According to reports, Price took a watch valued at $10 from the counter of the store. During the arrest a white rock like substance was located in his hat. K. S. Looney investigated.

Apr. 5 – Matthew Glenn Bannister, 29, 104 Longview Dr,. Williamston was issued a 10 day notice to comply for being in violation of town ordinance regarding living in a camper and having the camper hood to the sewer line. Cpl. L. E. Mulz investigated.

Apr. 5 – Williamston police officers investigated an incident at the basketball courts at 11 West Main in which approximately 50 people were involved. According to reports, Teneshia Slade stated her son was being harassed by two males. One of the two males had scratch marks and abrasions on his back and legs, but no charges were pressed. During the investigation Slade continued yelling at one officer and would not let the situation calm down so officers could investigate. No arrests were made. Cpl. L. E. Mulz, K. S. Looney investigated.