Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across Anderson County:
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with representatives of Revive Church to discuss plans to be submitted for them to relocate to an existing facility. Since the occupancy classification of the existing use of the building is going from a lower hazard to a higher hazard in regards to life-safety, plans are required to be sealed by a registered Architect.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 20 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 2 Addition-Renovation; 6 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 6 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 5 Swimming Pools; 1 Demolition; 5 Commercial Permits Including: Bojangles Menu Board/Canopy, Electrical for Unity Pentecostal Church, Re-Roofing of Fulbright Storage Building, HVAC Change-Out for BB&T, Mechanical for new HVAC for First Quality; 9 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: First Quality/Cannonball 3 Firestop Horizontal/Vertical, First Quality/Cannonball 3 Lighting for Pre-Engineered Building, First Quality/Cannonball 3 Lighting for Stick-Built Building, Creekside Modular Office, IMS of Belton Re-Roof and various resubmittals
· April Stats:
o Revenue Up 71% from prior month ($61,367.50 to $104,910.60)
o New Single-Family & Multi-Family Dwelling permits Up 31% from prior month (55 to 72)
· Total of 751 permits/transactions (Up 10.5% from Prior Month): 189 Building, 185 Electrical, 114 Plumbing, 114 HVAC, 97 Mobile Homes, 20 Demolition, 32 Miscellaneous
§ Planning Commission met for a Special Called Meeting on Tuesday and approved “Project Machine” by a unanimous vote.
§ Citizens Advisory Committee for District 1 met on Wednesday and denied a variance request for Discount Tire to add additional wall signage on their building by a unanimous vote.
· SITE PLANS APPROVED:
§ Lot #45 Edgebrook/Prescott Planned Development
· PLAN REVIEW:
§ New Quick Trip Convenience Store located on Highway 86 next to the Bojangles.
§ SCDOT 3 Bridge Replacements located at 3 & 20, Rocky River, and Wilson Creek. Construction is expected to begin June 1, 2015.
· April Stats:
o Land Use Permits, 128
o Septic Tank Permits, 32
o Individual Summary Plats, 42
o Commercial Up-fits, 3
· Lebanon Rd rezoning and Highway 81 Overlay presented to County Council Tuesday May 5 2015. Council voted in favor of the rezoning 6-0 and the Overlay 5-0 with one abstention.
· Staffed the Called Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday May 5 2015 to hear a large-scale project request from Project Machine. The Commissioners voted 5-0 to approve the request.
· Staffed the District #1 Zoning Advisory Group meeting on Wednesday May 6 2015 to hear a request for PD amendments from Midway Ridge on Midway Road. The board voted 3-0 to approve the amendments.
· Prepared the Planning Commission packets for the regular May meeting. The request for PD amendments from Midway Ridge will be heard in a Public Hearing.
· Continuing work on Comp Plan rewrite (Priority Investment, Transportation, Land Use, and Economy elements).
· Continuing work with GPATS and SCDOT on the finalization of the TAP Grant Application for a sidewalk project in Williamston.
· Preparations for May 14 2015 SCDOT meeting in Columbia re: Highway 81 Overlay.
Roads & Bridges
· Bridge crew set silt fence and started clearing and grubbing Long Road Bridge Project.
· Received approval from SCDHEC for Stormwater notification for Firetower Road Bridge Project.
· Striping contractor is installing Reflective Pavement Markers (RPMs) and striping more county roads this week.
· This weekend the contractor will be milling and paving at the Annex, and seal-coating the New
Courthouse and Townsend Building parking lots. Next week they will begin work at Powdersville Library’s parking lot.
· Paving contractor will start work in Piedmont on Monday, May 11th; beginning full-depth
patching and paving most of the mill streets.
· The Belk Company and staff have been working very hard to finish the paving, painting, installation of safety rails and signage for the Carswell Convenience Center. The Carswell Center was opened on May 7, 2015.
· The Belk Company has been working to complete the new Slabtown Convenience Center. They have been grading and proof rolling the site. They began to put down gravel this week in preparation to asphalt the site.
· ROW crew cut the Evergreen, Fox Trail, and Cindy Circle sewer lines off of Hwy 81. Also removed 2 beaver dams that were causing problems near Evergreen Road.
· Performed a trace dye test on a home in Loblolly Pines subdivision to determine if the homeowner is tied onto the Anderson County sewer system. Liquid dye is flushed down the plumbing system through a sink or commode and will show up in the downstream manhole if they are tied on. This process is a very effective and environmentally safe.
· Inspected 6 sewer lateral inspections: Lot #’s 11 and 47 in Pheasant Ridge subdivision, Lot #13 Airy Springs, Lot #’s 24 and 25 in Drakesfield Subdivision and Bojangles on Highway 17 and 86.
· Portions of gravity sewer lines were marked in the Brookstone Meadows subdivision and Highway 17 in Piedmont. These lines were marked for contractors that are installing new utilities near the sewer line.
· Reviewed submittal for construction permit for a commercial sewer customer located in Powdersville.
· Installed repaired 88 HP pump at Highway 86 #3. Pump was pulled due to a short in the electrical windings.