Anderson County Public Works Division reported the following for week of Oct. 7, 2015:
· Several Public Works Division departments were represented at the Emergency Operations planning meeting in preparation for the weekend’s predicted heavy rains.
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with Engineer/Contractor to discuss preliminary plans to be submitted for Up-Fit to Walker Farm Store.
· Required staff attended the Planning & Public Works Meeting in the Administrator’s Conference Room. Concerns were brought up regarding Quality Construction Standards and how they were addressed. The International Residential Code (IRC) Anderson County Enforces, which is required by State Law, is the only minimum standard that has to be met in regards to construction. Any other more stringent standards would be required to be approved by County Council through an Ordinance Process.
· Met with Development Standards to review plans that are submitted for a PD (Planned Development) Subdivision. Drawings were approved as submitted and permits will be issued
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Duke Energy –Lee Steam Station Combustion Product Landfill, Lee Steam Plant Road.
§ Comfort Inn Suites and Restaurant proposed for Kayln’s Way in Powdersville.
§ Walmart Express in Williamston.
§ Miracle Hill Retail Thrift Store located in Powdersville.(REVISED SITE PLAN)
§ Burger King Remodel and Parking Lot Improvements located on Highway 76, Pendleton
§ Heatherstone Apartments located in Powdersville.
§ Application request for a Sexual Oriented Business located on River Road in Powdersville. The application was denied because it did not meet the standards to operate and law enforcement has closed the business due to the conduct of illegal activities.
· SITE PLAN APPROVED:
§ AT&T Celluar Wireless located on Hurricane Creek Road, Piedmont.
§ Rivendell/Buckland, Lot #17 and Lot#37, a Planned Development
§ Rosehill Subdivision Final, Phase III, Section V
§ Letter of Credit for Rosehill Subdivision, Phase III was extended for 6 months.
§ Hemlock Subdivision.
§ River Reserve Phase IV.
· COMPLIANCE ISSUE:
§ Illegal signage for Ryan’s Home was removed in the Powdersville/Easley area
Roads & Bridges
· Long Road Bridge Project: Guard rail wasn’t finished last week as scheduled due to the rain, but our contractor returned Monday and Tuesday to complete the job. We have postponed finishing the asphalt surface until next week, hoping we have some sun on the project before moving back in.
· Blake Dairy Road West culvert project: The concrete box culvert was installed Monday as scheduled, crews finished the footer work on both ends and began back fill with #57 stone. The grading crew also continued to grub the area of stumps and tree debris while the heavy rains stalled any back fill of soil around the box.
· Asphalt crew: Crews responded to pothole reports and new D/W aprons throughout the week.
· Reviewed plans for Comfort Suites of Powdersville.
· Staff will be holding another Shred Day Event on October 17, 2015 at the Belton-Honea Path High School which is located 11,000 Belton/Honea Path Highway. The event will be from 10:00am until 1:00pm. Residents will be limited to 5 boxes or bags of shredding material.
· Environmental Enforcement was called out to Belton Highway/Shirley Store Rd. for an open storage issue. A 30 day clean up order was issued. Property was to be cleaned up by August 9, 2015. The resident was found guilty in court for not obeying the Clean-Up order. The resident’s fine was increased by the judge for not obeying the Clean-Up order to $500. The resident was issued another 30 Day Clean-Up Order on September 15, 2015.
· Continue to work to recruit Adopt-A-Spot groups to help clean up the littered roads and areas in our county. We currently have 33 active Adopt-A-Spot groups.
· Repaired the metal wall around the dumping area at the Anderson Regional MRF that was separating from the concrete floor.