Anderson County Public Works reported the following projects across the county:
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with Architect to review proposed changes to an existing building that will be used by AT&T located off of Hwy 81 North. Prior use was by Alltel. They are decommissioning some existing equipment to make room for service parts. Based on the limited work that will be done and the fact the Occupancy Classification will not change, no permits are required to be issued by Building & Codes. Additional paved parking was proposed and they were instructed to contact Development Standards regarding this.
· Met with Development Standards to review plans that were submitted for new homes in a PD (Planned Development) Subdivision. Drawings were approved as submitted and permits will be issued accordingly.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 13 New Single-Family Dwelling and 6 Addition-Renovation; 4 Detached Garage/Accessory Building; 2 Swimming Pools; 1 Demolition; 1 Replacement; 6 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 2 Commercial Including: New Verizon Wireless Cell Tower, Re-Roof of Colonial Pipeline Building; 8 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Duke Energy/WS Lee Combined Cycle Lube Storage Building, Duke Energy/WS Lee Combined Cycle Maintenance Building, Duke Energy/WS Lee Combined Cycle Warehouse Building, EE Lab Addition off of Pearman Dairy Road, Wexler Manufacturing Building off Alliance Parkway in Williamston
· November Meetings:
§ Variance request to allow for the placement of a single-wide mobile home instead of a double wide mobile home located on Cely Road, Easley.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW;
§ Wexler- located on Alliance Parkway
· GRADING PERMITS:
§ Comfort Inn Suites located on Kaylan’s Way, 153 Powdersville. SCDHEC approved permit/NPDES coverage in 2008 and approved extended coverage to 2022.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ The Enclave @ River Reserve, Community Building and Shelter
§ Stoney’s Barbecue located on Evergreen Road.
§ Floodplain Development Permit located at the Enclave @ River Reserve.
§ Lot# 49, 51, and 59 Rivendell, a Planned Development.
§ Topsail Bay Phase III.
§ Pheasant Ridge Subdivision, revision to add sidewalks to subdivision.
§ Pheasant Ridge Subdivision, 30 day Letter of Credit issued by bank until paving contractor can do work-weather permitting. Contract has been secured.
§ Avendell Subdivision.
§ Drakesfield Subdivision.
· BUFFERYARD INSPECTIONS:
§ Final VA Hospital located on Highway 81N, Anderson.
· Held a Shred Day Event on October 17, 2015 at the Belton-Honea Path High School which is located 11,000 Belton/Honea Path Highway. The event was from 10:00am until 1:00pm. Residents were limited to 5 boxes or bags of shredding material. Shred360 provided 2 trucks for the event. We appreciate the participation from our residents. We want to thank Belton-Honea Path High School for letting us host the event at the school.
· Did 2 recycling and litter presentations for the Belton Elementary after-school program for 62 children and teachers.
· Assisting the Adopt-A-Spot group from the Marathon Church in Easley with cleanup supplies such as litter bags, gloves, safety vests and pick-up grabbers for their cleanup on October 24th in the community. We appreciate their efforts to pick up litter.
· Completed FEMA courses 700 and 800 on October 15, 2015 and October 16, 2015 at the EOC facility.
· SCDHEC issued an Emergency Order requiring Broadway Lake be lowered, a professional engineer inspect the dam, and a detailed plan of action created to address deficiencies. The spillway gates have been opened to lower the lake. Civil and geotechnical engineer inspection reports, a soils assessment report, and a corrective action plan were submitted to SCDHEC to satisfy the requirements of the order. The lake must remain down until the repairs are made.
· A modification of E&I Engineering’s plan was approved. The modification must be satisfactorily installed prior to releasing the site from the cease and desist notice.
· Reviews were conducted for a major modification of Project Machine and Sandy Farms Farm.
· Received a resubmittal for the 60,000 SF Manufacturing Facility for Euwe Wexler.
· Located a residential sewer tap with TV camera in Amberwood subdivision for a new sewer customer to tap on.
· Performed 10 residential sewer tap inspections this week: lots 59, 12 in Airy Springs subdivision, lots 51, 54, 55, 56 in Three Bridges Club Subdivision and lot 22 in Rivendell. Performed 1 commercial sewer tap inspection for the new assisted living home on Hood road in Powdersville.
· ROW crew cut Webb Road, Walgreens, Cindy Circle and Evergreen sewer ROW’s off Highway 81. Also cut an exposed line at Airy Springs Subdivision in Piedmont.