More than 30 unique Scarecrows are now on display throughout Williamston as part of the the Envision Williamston Scarecrow Decorating Contest. Voting for the People’s Choice Award for the best Scarecrow Display is also now underway.
Are residents can vote for their favorite scarecrow display. Voting can be done online on the town’s website at http://www.williamstonsc.us/main-street/. There are also paper ballots at town hall according to Envision Williamston Executive Director Sonya Crandall. Organizers ask that voting be limited to once per person.
A panel of judges will decide awards for first, second and third place in four categories including: Most Creative, Most Whimsical and Most Unique. The Scarecrows will be on display through mid-November.
For more information about the Envision Williamston Scarecrow Contest or Envision Williamston, contact Executive Director Sonya Crandall at Town Hall or by email at at firstname.lastname@example.org.Envision WilliamstonPeople’s Choice voting for favorite Scarecrow beginsParticipants registered for the Envision Williamston Scarecrow Decorating Contest include:
1) Career &Tech Center, Mineral Spring Park, Reverse Scarecrow (Large Crow w/Career Youth on Wings)
2) Anderson School Dist.1, 801 N. Hamilton St Scarecrows in Ed – Wizard of Oz
3) Mrs. Roach’s Class – Palmetto Elementary, Book of the Month: “The Little Old Lady Who Wasn’t Afraid of Anything.”
4) Envision Williamston, Municipal Center/Town Hall “The Town Hall Coffee Shop”
5) Cole Family, 408 E. Main St ,“Williamston SC Where Dreams Come True”
6) Burgess Family, 4 E. Main St, “Happy Scarecrow”
7) Medshore Ambulance Service, 902 Anderson Dr, “Simulated Patient Involved in a Wreck”
8) Williamston Laundromat, 12 Greenville Dr, “Scarecrow Going to Do Laundry”
9) All About Fabrics Susan Martin, Mineral Spring Park, “Scarecrow is All About Fabrics”
10) Owens Family, Mineral Spring Park and Main St, “Firefighter Scarecrow – Dad is a Hero!”
11) The Eye Care Center, 301 E. Main St , “Clemson vs. USC Scarecrow”
12) Community First Bank, 208 E. Main St., “Money Man”
13) G.R.I.T.S. and Friends, 304 E. Main St. Monogram Scarecrow”
14) BP Station, 1525 Anderson Dr. “Take a break at the BP station”
15) Something Unique, 310 W. Main St. “Wedding”
16) Smith Family, UMC light post East Main St., “Faith, Hope, and Love” (Breast cancer awareness)
17) Sandra Burgess, Mineral Spring Park and Main St, “Let’s Dance”
18) Durham Family, West Main St near park, “Clemson Girl Scarecrow”
19) Cox & Cole, Attorneys, 32 E. Main St., “Scarecrow Judge”
20) Cooley Barber Shop, 30 E. Main St. “Grandpa and Grandson”
21) Upstate Federal Credit Union, 4 Roberts Blvd. “Minion Theme”
22) Sims Appliance Parts & Service, 1515 Anderson Dr. “Appliance Tech”
23) BB&T, 1 Greenville Dr. , “Hunting or Football”
24) Pink House Antiques, 411 Main St. “Pink House Pinky”
25) Ace Hardware, 29 Pelzer Ave, “Ace Hardware Scarecrow”
26) The Journal, 106 West Main, “Old Time Newspaper Reporter Scarecrow”
Vote for your favoirite online at http://www.williamstonsc.us/main-street/ or by paper ballot at town hall.