Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across the county:
Building and Codes
· PERMITS SUBMITTED:12 New Single-Family Dwelling and 6 Addition-Renovation; 3 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 3 Demolition; 7 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 3 Commercial Including: Real Fitness for Real People, Electrical Service Upgrade for Trinity Investment, Alarm System for Set Free Christian Fellowship; 11 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Storage Building for Anderson County Sheriff’s Office, First Quality – Cannonball 3 Fire Protection Drawings for Building 620, Lucky’s Corner Mart Canopy Replacement, TTI Up-Fit and various resubmittals
· Participated with Anderson County (ACTV). The meeting was designed for each department Manager to give a brief overview of their departmental functions and importance held at the EOC Office.
· UPCOMING MEETINGS:
§ Planning Commission will hear three (3) new subdivisions planned at their February 9, 2016 Meeting;
§ Proposed Woodland Hills Subdivision located on Cooper Road and Highway 153. Twelve (12) residential lots are planned.
§ Proposed Vandiver Road Subdivision located on Vandiver Road. Eleven (11) residential lots are planned.
§ Proposed Scott Road Subdivision (Expanding Existing Subdivision on Lake Hartwell Four
(4) residential lots are planned.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW :
§ Oreilly Automotive located on Highway 153, Powdersville.
§ Proposed New Dollar General located on Highway 81N, Anderson.
§ Crescent High School near Track & Field Facility.
§ Race Track (Third Submittal)
· GRADING PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Crescent High School Improvements-Track & Field.
§ Crescent High School New Arena & Baseball Stadium.
· BUFFERYARD INSPECTIONS:
§ Heritage Trace Apartment Complex in Powderville.
§ Dr. Abraham’s Medical Office located on Highway 81N, Anderson.
· COMPLIANCE ISSUES:
§ Illegal signage removed (20) from E/W Connector, Concord Road and Harriett Drive down to Highway 81N.
§ Illegal signage is scheduled for removal from Highway 81 & Highway 153 on Friday (weather permitting)
§ Mobile Home issue resolved, mobile home is expected to be removed within one
(1) week. The property is located on Bishop Branch Rd, Pendleton.
Roads & Bridges
· Staff was preparing for the predicted winter weather storm: both sand spreaders were loaded, filled with sand and being stored in the lower shop so the sand doesn’t freeze. Sand was delivered to the yard and stock piled.
· Bridge crew worked on the Firetower Road Bridge Project; they were clearing and grubbing the vegetation and removing the concrete slab.
· Vegetation crew cut and trimmed trees and boomed in all seven areas.
· Asphalt crew patched potholes and was able to get asphalt only one day for a few new driveway aprons.
· After issuing a civil penalty to the Hampton Inn at Alliance Park the responsible party contacted the department to inform us that the corrections to the detention pond would be made promptly. Two prior notices were previously ignored.
· Approval was issued and a pre-construction meeting held for Toxaway B&W Lines at the Lee Steam Site.
· In the process of planning the “BAN THE TRASH” Midway Community Cleanup on January 30, 2016. We will be meeting with residents at the Midway Presbyterian on Midway Road at 10:00am. The event will run until noon.
· Worked a litter issue at the Dollar General on Highway 29 North. They were given the code of ordinances regarding loose material on property and receptacles. The property was cleaned up.
· Worked a loss of load on Henderson Road in Easley. Individuals cleaned up the litter before contact was made by the officer. We did educate them on covering their loads.
· Located a stolen Ford F-250 while patrolling on Lullwater Drive this week. The Sheriff’s Department was contacted to investigate.
· Met a developer off HWY 81 in front of Orion Rugs to discuss our sewer system and answer any questions about possibly tapping on to the existing 8 inch sewer for future development.
· ROW crew cleaned several sections of sewer line in the Powdersville area off River Road and Hwy 153. This was to prepare for the installation of new flow monitors.
· ROW crew will plan to cut the Rogers Road area in Powdersville this week.
· We received 2 after hour calls for A/C power alarm at Wren High, Wren Middle, Wren shopping center, and Hwy 86/81, also wiring fault at Sullivan Hills for a total of 4 hours.