Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway:
· UPCOMING MEETINGS AND HEARINGS:
§ Received a land use permit application for Project Machine. The Planning Commission will hear the application at a Special Called Meeting on May 6, 2015 at 6:00PM.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Long Road Bridge Replacement over Beaverdam Creek.
§ St Luke Catholic Church Parish Life Center located on Highway 86.
§ Verizon Wireless addition located on Campbell Road in Belton.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Thrift Bros Concrete Plant Addition located on Piedmont Road, Piedmont.
§ Garvey Office Building located on Highway 81N near Bowen Road, Anderson.
§ Home Occupation Permit for internet fire arms sales located at Wilson Place Court in Piedmont.
§ Residential Lot for the placement of a mobile home located on Tibwin Road in Piedmont located on the Saluda River. Elevation Certificate required, 100 yr. floodplain.
§ Lot 89 River Reserve (existing residential home) rear portion of the lot located in 100 year Floodplain. Home site is located outside of the 100 yr. floodplain, flood insurance not required.
§ Wyatt Grant Subdivision, located off of Cherokee Road in Williamston. Subdivision approved in 2006 developer is requesting 13 septic tank permits for 13 home sites.
§ Caledonia Subdivision Phase II, Amenity area to include a Clubhouse and Pool.
· BUFFERYARDS INSPECTED:
§ Final Approval granted for Office Building located on Scenic Road off of Hwy 81N
· COMPLIANCE ISSUES:
§ Illegal tattoo parlor located at 3121 Highway 153. Applicant will file a land use application with the Planning Commission for a hearing in June.
· First reading of the Hwy 81 Overlay will be on the May 5th Council Meeting Agenda.
· The Planning Commission approved a rezoning request along Lebanon Road from PD to R-A by a vote of 6-0. The Planning Commission also approved the Highway 81 Overlay District design regulations by a vote of 6-0.
· Monthly Z-team meeting, where a single rezoning application was discussed. The request is for the Midway Ridge Planned Development on Midway Road. The developer is requesting revisions to the approved statement of intent. Signs were posted on the subject site and postcards sent out for next month’s scheduled public hearings.
Roads & Bridges
· Bridge crew fabricated H-pile tips for Long Road Bridge project and placed rip rap under bridge on Breazeale Road.
· Asphalt crew patched potholes first few days of the week with cold mix and AZM equipment. Hot mix was purchased Wednesday and Thursday, so they swapped over to installing aprons.
· Shred Day was held on Saturday, April 18 at Anderson School District 1 located at 801 N. Hamilton St. and at the Civic Center of Anderson located at 3207 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Residents can bring their paper for free shredding from 10am until 1pm. The Anderson School District 1 event went well. The event at the Civic Center had an overwhelming response. We will be rescheduling another event there and will have 2 shred trucks and extra staff to handle the event. The Civic Center event collected 12,120 lbs. of shredded paper and the District 1 event collected 7040 lbs.
· The Whitefield Convenience Center was broken into on 4/21/15 and 4/23/15. Individuals are coming in after hours to steal metal and materials from the Haven of Rest building. The Sheriff’s Department was contacted to file the reports.
· Picked up the 40-yard container for the Civil War Reenactment of the Battle of Anderson this week.
· Painted the walls at the Carswell Convenience Center this week. The Belk Company continues to work to get the site compacted but rain continues to stop the construction. Compaction has also been an issue at the new Slabtown Convenience Center.
· Repaired the hydraulic system on a compactor at the Slabtown Convenience Center.
· Repaired electrical problems on compactors at the Whitefield and Agnew Road Convenience Centers.
A cease and desist notice was issued to Marsh Bell Construction Company for the Stanco project due to failure to address multiple issues cited in previous site inspections.
· Completed the review of E&I Engineering’s second application. More revisions to the application package are required before a permit can be issued.
· Council approved final draft for Pendleton Agreement that allows Pendleton to expand their sewer service area and allow the county to obtain additional capacity in the Wastewater Plant.