Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway in Anderson County:
Building and Codes
· PLAN REVIEW STAFF MEETINGS:
§ Met with Contractor and Architect to review preliminary plans for a 140,000 square feet addition to Orian Rugs. Various issues were addressed and Plans to be submitted at a later date.
§ Met with owner of an existing building located off of Hwy 153 who plans on using the building for car storage and office space. There is no change from the existing occupancy classification and no renovations to take place other than cosmetic. No permits will be issued by our department but he was directed to contact the local Fire Marshal for fire/life-safety walk through.
· UPCOMING MEETINGS:
· Citizens Advisory Committee for District 3 and District 4 will hear the following;
§ Special Exception request for Belton Honea Path High School Practice Field located at 11000 Belton Honea Path Highway, Honea Path
§ Application request for a reduction of front yard setbacks for property located at 1000 Tuscany Drive, Anderson, SC.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW
§ Walker Road Bridge over Six & Twenty Creek (Hydraulic) Floodplain Development Permit
§ Wexler US Plastics located on Alliance Parkway
§ O’Reilly Automotive located on Highway 153 & Hood Road, Piedmont.
§ Rivendell/Buckland, a PD (Planned Development) submittal is for Lots 64,68, & 70
§ Verizon Wireless Addition located on 4421 Pelzer Highway, Easley
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Verizon Wireless new 155’ communications Tower located on Stoneybrook Road, Pelzer
§ Arbors at Cobbs Glenn, a PD (Planned Development) approved for three (3) residential lots.
§ Caledonia Phase III
§ Rosehill Phase IV
Roads & Bridges
· Grading crew continued work on Blake Dairy Road West Culvert Project, crew is fine grading and stone base is expected to be hauled, compacted and graded next week.
· While the concrete cured at Firetower Road Bridge, bridge crew moved to East West Parkway and built 6 concrete footings for the solar lights.
· Ditching crew removed 50 concrete parking stops from the parking lot at the Farmers Market so the lot could be sealed. The crew also removed old cross ties at Wellington Ball Field. When the time allowed they continued with normal ditching work requests.
· Sign Crew installed a “No Truck Turn Around” sign at Wren Fire Department, they continued with daily sign replacement called in by citizens.
· Asphalt crew repaired potholes throughout the county, including the potholes reported on Dixon Road.
· Vegetation crew continued to mow in all seven areas, trimming crew trimmed limbs back at intersections to improve sight distance.
· 2015-2016 Road improvement contractor paved Cooper Lane.
· 2015-2016 Building & Grounds paving contractor completed Jim Ed Rice Parkway and Farmers Market parking lot.
· Staff obtained the SCDOT encroachment permit to install solar lights along East West Parkway.
· 2 after hour calls were received, both were for downed trees totaling 6 man hours.
· A cease and desist notice was issued to Hanna Crossing on Hwy 81across from the Anmed Campus for beginning land disturbing activity without a permit. Subsequently, a resubmission of their stormwater plan was received.
· The Hampton Inn at Alliance Parkway completed detention pond repairs.
· Review was conducted for Spinx #135.
· New application received for W.S. Lee Coal Combustion Residuals Management Program.
· ”The Great Anderson County Cleanup” was held on April 16, 2016 from 8am until noon. We had 43 groups volunteer during the event. Staff has continued to work this week by picking up litter bags and illegally dumped tires that volunteers have picked up. Volunteers, staff and the Detention Center have currently picked up 1142 bags of litter and 309 tires. We have had 464 volunteers to help with the event. We have several other groups that will be participating in the cleanup on April 23 and April 30. We appreciate all the volunteers, staff and the Detention Center for their hard work.
· Provided a 40-yard container for the “Battle of Anderson” reenactment.
· Investigated 69 permits this week to determine if they are still pending or tied onto sewer.
· Performed 18 residential sewer tap inspections this week: 7 in the Sullivan Hills subdivision, 3 in the Rivendell subdivision, 2 in the Tuscany subdivision, 1 in the Oaks at Shiloh subdivision, 3 in the Three Bridges Club, 1 in the Drakesfield subdivision and 1 in the Melrose subdivision.
inches below grade and will need another section of manhole installed. We also raised a manhole on Hembree Rd. four inches with concrete grade ring.
· Reviewed final draft of Powdersville Masterplan.
· Met with developer about possible development off of Highway 81.
· Met with contractor to look at replacing all of the ARV on Hwy 86 #3 force main. The ARV’s let the air out the force main at high points in the line that gathers in it when pump wastewater under pressure. If you do not let the air out of the line it will lower the pumping rate of the pump.