Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects for week of JUNE 1, 2016:
Building and Codes
· Met with Development Standards to review plans submitted for new homes in an existing Planned Development (PD). 3 new homes were approved for permitting in the Rivendell Subdivision.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 12 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 3 Addition-Renovation; 3 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 4 Pool; 2 Demolition; 13 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 4 Commercial Including: Mattress Firm Up-Fit, Elevator for Guthrie Grove Church of God, Electrical for Space out at the Jockey Lot, Life-Safety Inspection for Space out at Westpoint Village Shopping Center; 8 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWING SUBMITTED: Fox Farms Up-Fit, 3 Phase Electrical for The Print House, TTI Research Area Repairs and Various resubmittals
· UPCOMING MEETINGS:
§ Staff received five (5) variances request for the Land Use Board of Zoning Appeals and the Planning Commission.
§ Application request to allow for additional sign area for a free standing identification sign. The property is located at 141 Country Manor, Piedmont.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Concrete Elementary School Expansion, Powdersville
§ Spinx Diesel Refueling located on Highway 86.
§ Floodplain Development Permit for a residential home site 70 Washington Drive Piedmont.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Wendy’s addition located at Interstate Blvd. Anderson
§ Rivendell/Buckland, a Planned Development, Lot #25 & Lot #53
§ Avendell, Phase III
§ Pheasant Ridge Phase III
§ Oaks at Shiloh Creek, Phase II.
Roads & Bridges
· Sign Crew replaced 10 reflector poles on SC 153 at McNealy Road. Reflectors were damaged by vehicles. Re-striped the speed humps on Carswell after the humps were built up by the asphalt crew. They also installed two new 35 MHP speed limit signs on Orange Way.
· Ditching crew removed two driveway pipes on Summer Lane in the Powdersville area and refilled the ditch with soil.
2015-2016 Road Improvement Contractor paved Ellison Lake Road. Pics
· We had 1 after-hours call-out for a large tree that had been dumped in the road; we expect this was done by a tree removal or a construction company because we had to use a back hoe to remove it, totaled 12 man-hours.
· Work continued on problems with 2 of the stormwater ponds for the new roads that will serve the new TTI site.
· Approval issued and pre-con held for Osborne Poultry Farm.
· Review was conducted for Sandy Springs Mini-Warehouse Storage Facility.
· Major modification for W. S. Lee Steam Station approved.
· Major modifications were received for Brookstone Meadows Golf Course, Hanna Crossing – SC Hwy 81, and W. S. Lee Combined Cycle.
· Anderson County will be having a Shred Day on June 4, 2016 at the Anderson County Sports and Entertainment Center. The event will be from 10am until 1pm.
· Environmental Enforcement took 14 cases to trail this week. Three uncovered loads found guilty, three residents for littering found guilty with two bench warrants issued, one failure to comply found guilty with bench warrant issued, four unlawful dumping found guilty, one no SC Driver’s license found guilty with bench warrant issued and two Driving Under Suspension found guilty with one bench warrant issued.
· Delivered a 40 yard container to assist some residents on Campbell Rd. and Singletree Lane to clean up trash and a dilapidated single wide trailer that was a health hazard and eye sore to the community. Volunteers are working to clean up the property.
· Environmental Educator worked at several convenience centers this week educating residents on recycling at our centers.
· Performed 5 residential sewer tap inspections this week: 2 in Covered Bridge subdivision and 3 in Airy Springs subdivision.
· Air and deflection tests were performed on the Corinth Dr. sewer line extension in Shiloh at the Oaks subdivision this week. All tests passed.
· Attended pre-construction meeting for new Pendleton High School pump station.
· Assisted R&B with sewer elevations around intersection of Hwy 17 and Shiloh Church Rd.
· ROW crew cleaned approximately 400 feet of the 8 inch sewer line on Belton Street with the Vac truck. We met the asphalt crew on Lyndon Avenue about patching around a manhole. This will conclude our preventative maintenance in the Morningside community.