Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects for week of June 8:
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with Bosch to review Building Code Compliance Issues for a new open shed type storage building for storage of various chemicals. Issues discussed included occupancy classification (S1 storage or Hazardous), sprinkler system requirements, etc. Plans to be submitted at a later date.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 20 New Single-Family Dwellings and 3 Addition-Renovation; 5 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 3 Pools; 13 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 8 Commercial Including: Waves Express Wash, Picnic Shelter for Harpers Ridge Subdivision, Wendy’s Remodel, Re-Roof of Duke Sandwich, HVAC Replacement for Lakeside Shopping; 10 Mobile Home including: new homes, change of ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Tri-County Dog Obedience Training School located at Acquillious Lane, Easley -Rivendell Buckland two (2) residential lots.
§ United Rentals of Anderson
· GRADING PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Rivermill Subdivision
§ Rosehill collected $108,406 for subdivision bond for failure to complete infrastructure within six month time period -Oaks at Shiloh reviewing cost estimates with Engineering Department regarding posting new bond for next phase of development.
§ The Preserve @ Covered Bridge, a PD Planned Development; new layout will require Planning Commission and County Council approval.
§ Caledonia Subdivision, Phase III
§ Pennington Subdivision
§ Airy Springs
· BUFFERYARD INSPECTION:
§ Heritage Apartments located off Highway 153(final inspection) -YMCA Powdersville (revision) $23,000 cash bond approved for infrastructure completion.
· May Stats:
o Land Use Permits, 150
o Septic Tank Permits, 50
o Individual Summary Plats, 41
o Commercial Upfits, 5
Roads & Bridges
Grading crew made a temporary repair on Twin Lakes Road to a large sink hole (wash out) that formed in one lane of the road.
· Bridge crew received and set the bridge deck on Fire Tower Road Bridge Project; formed both back walls and poured them with concrete.
· Ditching crew removed the old foundation at Kid Venture and completed some site work for the new playground equipment; worked at an old mill site in Pelzer removing old wooden pallets so DHEC could install monitoring wells; installed 60’ of 18″ concrete pipe at the new Craytonville Fire Department substation.
· 2015-2016 Road Improvement Contractor paved Murphy Road.
· Completed the first review for Hanna Crossing Subdivision.
· May Stats:
o Work Requests: 373 new, 352 closed, 452 open
o On Call: 8 call-outs for a total of 83 man-hours
o Encroachments: 44/$5,482.20 (245/$53,743.90
· Received new applications for New Horizon – Piercetown Electrical Substation at the intersection of Shackleburg Rd & Martin Rd.
· Received resubmittal for King Poultry Farm.
· Reviews were conducted for Industrial Warehouse Ser. and W. S. Lee Steam Station CCR Well Installation.
· May Stats:
o New Applications: 2
o Resubmittals: 7
o Reviews Completed: 7
o Pre-Construction Meetings/Approvals: 3
o Major Modifications Approved: 1
o Permit Terminations: 1
· Met with contractors at the Crescent High School project to observe installation of a new manhole that will replace a doghouse manhole that was taking on ground water.
· Contractors are beginning construction on the new Pendleton High School sewer project. This project will consist of a pump station, force main, and gravity sewer to the Boscobel pump station.
· We received the repaired pump back for Hwy 86 #3, and plan to install it on Thursday.
· The generator repair was approved at Hurricane Creek; we are currently waiting on the parts for repair.
· We are preparing to do smoke testing in the Powdersville area on June 7 – 10.