Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across Anderson County:
Building and Codes
· Met with Development Standards to review plans submitted for new homes in an existing Planned Development (PD).
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 7 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 1 Addition-Renovation; 4 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 2 Pool; 1 Demolition; 1 Replacement; 15 Permits; Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 8 Commercial Including: Keller Williams Office Re-Location, Precious Beauty Salon Up-Fit, Electrical for Avendell Sign, New 400 Amp Electrical Service for Cromer Foods, New Sign for New Spring Church in Powdersville, Allegro Alarm System, Electrical Service Upgrade to Homeland Park Baptist Church; TTI Guardhouse; 7 Mobile Home permits including: new homes, change of ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· To see a listing of vehicles and equipment being sold visit the Anderson County Website at www.andersoncountysc.org You can then click ‘Online Auction’ to view inventory and register to bid
Roads & Bridges
· Asphalt crew installed parking lot at Craytonville Fire Department, paved over x-over in Clarendon Subdivision, patched potholes that were reported to our office, and installed some new driveway aprons.
· Bridge crew worked on backfilling on Fire Tower Road Bridge and prepared road for binder.
· Ditching crew completed graded the parking lot at the new Craytonville Fire Department, did routine driveway and ditching work, and removed stumps at various locations.
· Vegetation crew continued to mow in all seven areas, trimmed roads that have been reported to our office.
· The permit applications for the Broadway Dam repairs were submitted to SCDHEC and the US Army Corps of Engineers.
· Second review conducted for Double D Farms. Also, staff met with the engineer and the owner to ensure the third plan to be submitted will meet the minimum requirements.
· A review of a major modification application for the TTI project was conducted.
· Received resubmittal for Holiday Inn Express and W.S. Lee Coal Combustion Residuals Management Program.
· Provided letter to Concrete Elementary school stating that no additional capacity would be needed for reworked classrooms.
· Obtained permit to operate for new sewer line on Highway 81.
· Assisted developer with obtaining permission from ReWa to allow pool water from hotel pool to enter the sewer system.
· Obtained encroachment permits from SCDOT for new Dollar General on Highway 81 and new sewer line extension for Pendleton High School.
· Had meeting with owner of Stoney’s BBQ about grease interceptor.
· Performed 5 residential sewer tap inspections and 1 commercial sewer tap inspection this week: 3 in Benton Park, 2 in the Mirabella subdivision and the commercial were off Cely lane in Powdersville.
· Performed deflection and air test on the new 8 inch sewer line that was installed in phase two of The Enclave at Airy Springs subdivision in Piedmont. This sewer addition consists of approximately 800 feet of 8 inch gravity and 9 manholes. All service taps are 6 inch.
· Air testing and vacuum testing on manholes will continue on the 5 mile sewer line next week. Additional blasting and rock removal had to be done for the 18 inch trunk line that will tie into the new 30 inch main off Lee Dobbins Road.
· Waste Management hauled 11.81 tons of sludge to the landfill from 6&20 WWTP.
· Reviewing our test results for the 1st monthly samples at 6&20 WWTP. All parameters are within compliance according to DHEC regulations.
· ROW crew cut in the Powdersville area along Highway 81 to get ready for smoke testing.
· Downloaded data from the 2 flow monitors in Stonehaven Subdivision.