Anderson County Public Works reported the following projects:
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with Architect to review preliminary plans for the renovation/up-fit to an existing building that will be used for a new doctor’s office located off of Hwy 81 North. Drawings will be updated accordingly and submitted for review/permitting.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 5 New Single-Family Dwelling Issued and 3 Addition-Renovation; 4 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 1 Pool; 2 Demolition; 13 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 6 Commercial Including: Picnic Shelter for Wren Baptist Church, FoxFarm Up-Fit, Electrical for Storage Building, HVAC Change-Out, Electrical Meter Base Consolidation for South Rentals, First Quality – Cannonball 3 Shipping Office; 16 Mobile Home including: new homes, change of ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Bank of America – ADA Renovation located of Pearman Dairy Rd., Foothills Motorsports Mezzanine located off Hattie Rd in Easley, Orian Rugs Automated Warehouse, Alarm System for PIPC in Powdersville, Revive Church Up-Fit located off Hurricane Creek Rd. and Various resubmittals.
· Upcoming Meetings:
§ Planning Commission will hear the following land use applications:
§ Proposed Electrical Substation in the Piercetown Community on Martin Road.
§ Proposed Tattoo Facility located on Highway 86 Piedmont.
§ Both applications will be heard on July 12, 2016 at 6:00PM.
§ Land Use Board of Zoning Appeals will hear 10 variances request at a Special Called Meeting on Wednesday June 29, 2016 at 5:15PM. All requests involve the substitution of single wide mobiles for double wide mobile homes and to allow for modular replacements in place on single wide mobile homes.
· Site Plan Review:
§ New Dental Office located on Highway 86 Piedmont.
§ Project TTI, revision to landscaping plan.
§ O’Reilly Automotive located off Highway 153 Powdersville.
§ Verizon Wireless addition located at 130 Pasture Road, Piedmont.
§ Verizon Wireless addition located at 1340 Pine Top Road, Belton.
§ TNT Sports located of I-85.
§ Oaks at Shiloh
§ Avendell Phase III permits are ready to be issued.
§ Three Bridges Subdivision located on Three Bridges Road, Powdersville.
§ St. Paul Road Development proposal consists of three residential lots.
§ Topsail Bay Phase III bond reduced for remainder items.
§ Lexington Place.
· Bufferyard inspections:
§ Bearwood Plastic Surgery located on Highway 81N Anderson.
§ New Springs Powdersville Campus.
§ TNT Sports located off of Highway I-85.
· Compliance issues:
§ Elrod Road, Floodplain Development Permit.
§ Midway Road inquiry of shooting and hunting.
· Major modifications were approved for Project Machine and Hanna Crossing- SC Hwy 81
· The second review of the Brookstone Meadows Golf Course application was conducted.
· Conducted the annual stormwater training for employees at The City of Belton and P.A.W.S.
· Smoke testing in the Powdersville area around Three Bridges Road and Hwy 153 next week. This area has seen a tremendous growth in the last few years, and we will take this opportunity to insure there is no damage to our system, no illegal taps and locate any potential sources of inflow from rain.
· Met with Building and Codes to discuss notifying us when final inspections are completed. This will allow us to make sure our inspections and permits are complete.
· Performed 9 residential sewer tap inspections this week: 3 in the Arbors at Cobbs Glenn, 3 in the Rivendell subdivision, 1 in Palmetto Valley subdivision and 2 in Pheasant Ridge subdivision.
· Attended a pre-construction meeting for the Rivermill Subdivision sewer project in Powdersville off River Road. Long Utility is the contractor installing the 8 inch sewer and will start laying pipe in two weeks.
· Met with contractors at a commercial construction site on HWY 81 and Evergreen to discuss where to tie into the existing Anderson County sewer line.
· Air testing and vacuum testing are in progress on the Lee Dobbins Road side of the five mile sewer line this week. Plans are to get permit to operate and by-pass sewer into the new line that is complete while the northern side of Dobbins Bridge Road sewer is being installed.
· Alliance Blvd sewer project is complete. Air testing and deflection tests have been performed. This line consists of 4 manholes and 778 feet of 8 inch sewer. This was installed to serve the new TNT sports on Yale Lane.