A special event held during the recent Pelzer Homecoming Reunion was the dedication of a historic marker recognizing the historic Pelzer school. The project was sponsored by the Pelzer Heritage Commission. Pelzer Historic Commission members Dianne Lollis and Shirley Pace are pictured with the new marker. The marker was erected by the Maintenance Department of Anderson School District One. The inscription on the marker was written by PHC Historian Elaine Tumblin Hunt. PHC Member Wilma Baker designed the brick border placed around the marker. The old bricks were from the lower mill which was built in the late 1800’s. They were hand made from clay that came from the Saluda River, mixed with straw. The marker was paid for with funds from Anderson County Council District 7 Appropriation Fund with help from County Council District 7 representative Cindy Wilson who has greatly helped the PHC in getting funds for projects.