Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across the county:
Building and Codes
- PERMITS SUBMITTED: 20 New Single-Family Dwelling; 3 Addition/Renovation; 3 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 2 Demolition; 2 Swimming Pool; 75 Permits issued for Electrical and HVAC Upgrades including 4 Solar Panel Installations; 14 Commercial Including: Marshane Corp. Office, Sandy Springs Water District Up-Fit, Palmetto Lane Office, 4 Electrical Permits for Rectifiers, ALDI Solar Panels, Electrical Upgrade for Pelzer Church of God, 4 Verizon Cell Sites, Electrical for Charter Communications; 18 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
- SITE PLAN REVIEW:
Electrolux located on Masters Blvd. Anderson.
Trip Convenience store located at Highway 86, Piedmont.
Proposed new solar farm located on Highway 17.
Commercial site located on US 76 & US 28 & Welpine Road (owner to develop property).
- COMPLIANCES ISSUES:
- 3555 Pelzer Highway, Easley-Yard Sell items too close to Highway(SCDOT)
- Repairs to the stormwater detention pond at the Anderson Sports Center are almost complete.
- Staff met with the engineer and contractor working on an expansion to Advanced Riggins & Machinery Movers off of Three & Twenty Road in Easley to discuss permitting issues.
- A cease and desist notice was issued to Dominion Senior Living for not following the approved construction sequence and failure to install the approved stormwater controls.
- Approval issued and pre-con held for Hemlock Phase II.
Performed 11 commercial sewer tap inspections in Powdersville. 10 of these were on Wall Street and 1 was the new Auto Zone off Highway 153.
Performed 3 residential sewer tap inspections this week: 1 in the Hawks Ridge subdivision, 1 in Tuscany and 1 in Drakesfield.
Met with developer at Pheasant Ridge subdivision to discuss obtaining right of way easement for the new Five Mile sewer line.
Approximately 1200 feet of 8 inch gravity sewer and 6 manholes have been installed in phase 2 of Sullivan Hills.
Approximately 1800 feet of 8 inch ductile iron gravity sewer line and 900 feet of 18 inch ductile iron gravity sewer along with 11 manholes have been installed on the Betsy Tucker sewer project.
The ROW crew cut the #3, Rogers Rd., and Stegall Rd. ROWs in Piedmont this past week.
There was one after hour call for A/C power Alarm at Hurricane Creek for a total of 4 hours