Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across Anderson County:
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with the Architect, Contractor and other Members of Electrolux’s Design Team to discuss the overall code compliance issues associated with the up-fit of their new expansion. Specific issue that was discussed was how their foam injection process worked and the classification of the materials being used.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 27 New Single-Family Dwellings; 1 Duplex; 3 Addition/Renovation; 10 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 4 Swimming Pools; 3 Demolition; 40 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades including 9 Residential Solar Panel; 5 Commercial Including: Stanley McJunkin Building, Publix Remodel #563, Canaan Baptist Church Exterior Changes, Electrical for Existing Building, New Gas Service to Doctor’s Office; 24 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Powdersville Family Practice Sign, Piedmont Regional Solar, TTI Office Complex/R&D Labs, Verizon Wireless Cell Tower off Hwy 28 Bypass New Gas Line for Bryant MD, Anderson County Sign located off Hwy 153, ABB/Baldor Solar in Belton and various resubmittals
· 2017 Billboard Inventory/Annual Renewals have been completed.
· Development Standards Staff has issued permits and collected revenue for 270 billboard signs. (Excluding towns and municipalities)
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ TTI Innovative Center Final Review located on Ryobi Drive, Anderson.
§ Ortec Manufacturing Expansion Phase I located in Pendleton.
§ Hyundai of Anderson Expansion located on Clemson Blvd., Anderson.
§ Riverside Middle School Access Addition.
§ Spinx Car Wash located on Whitehall Road/Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson.
§ Q-Trip Convenience Store located on Highway 86, Piedmont. (Layout change to building/parking)
§ Dollar Tree located in Piedmont.
§ Dollar Tree located in Williamston.
§ Commercial Spec building located at 6619 Highway 29N, Pelzer.
§ Dylan Landers Commercial Spec building located 4461 Highway 29, Belton.
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ E&I Industrial Expansion located on Supreme Drive off I-85
§ Final approval granted for Lot #31 Sullivan’s Hills (PD) Planned Development
§ Final approval granted for Lot #28 Arbor’s at Cobb Glenn (PD) Planned Development
§ Final floodplain development permit for Lot #73 Caledonia.
· GRADING PERMITS:
§ TTI Innovative Center Expansion located on Ryobi Drive, Anderson.
§ Autumn Place Phase II six (6) new residential lots
§ Hunt Meadows Phase II
§ Oaks at Shiloh
· BUFFERYARD INSPECTIONS:
§ Highway 81 Storage Facility located on Highway 81N, Anderson
· COMPLIANCE ISSUE:
§ Illegal commercial business located at 414 Masters Drive, Anderson
§ Compliance issue with a business violating land use permit located at 210 Morningside Drive, Anderson.
§ Expired Commercial Signage located on Anderson Road (Sign has been removed)
· To see a listing of vehicles and equipment being sold visit the Anderson County Website at www.andersoncountysc.org You can then click ‘Online Auction’ to view inventory and register.
Roads & Bridges
· 5 Vacancies: (2) Equipment Operators, (1) Truck Driver, (2) Engineering Techs.
· Vegetation Crews continued removing hazardous trees and mowing throughout County.
· Bridge Crew continued to work on Ballard Road Bridge.
· Grading Crews continued road improvements at Green Pond Landing.
· Pipe Crews installed driveway pipes and prepped for asphalt aprons in various locations.
· Asphalt Crews worked on repairing pothole requests and driveway aprons.
· Sign Crews performed routine maintenance on signs; installed reflectors on Oak Hill Drive to improve road safety.
· On-call crew received no after-hours call-outs.
· A staff member attended a free EPA workshop where they designed and built water quality sensors. A sensor with over $1200 in components was given to us. The unit will monitor a stream’s conductivity, pH, temperature, and dissolved oxygen every 15 minutes. USEPA also contributed one year of cell service and long-term internet data hosting of the measurements.
· Staff met with ABB Baldor Belton Solar representatives to discuss the project’s review comments.
· Received major modification for Cannonball.
· Received resubmittals for Inlet Pointe Subdivision and ABB Baldor Belton Solar.
· 2nd Review comments of Lakeside RV were returned to the engineer.
· Anderson County Council approved new Anderson Regional Landfill to handle Anderson County’s MSW needs. They also approved 1 year increments for 2 years on hauling contract with Waste Connections.
· Environmental Enforcement is working the area of Alliance Parkway this week. The Detention Center picked up 80 bags of litter, 2 tires and 2 metal poles on that road on 1/23/18.
· Environmental Enforcement was patrolling Elrod Rd. when they noticed an elderly man lying in the roadway. The gentleman was in distress and EMS was contacted immediately to assist. He was transported to the Anderson Area Medical Center.
· Environmental Enforcement recovered a stolen vehicle in Equinox Park during a routine patrol of the park.
· Extreme cold temperatures are keeping staff busy with water pipe and hydraulic repairs at Convenience Centers and MRF.
· Staff continues to work on the new Townville Convenience Center in putting up signage and painting. We are still unable to asphalt the site due to low temperatures.
· Staff repaired a pothole issue at the Wren Recycling Center due to the inclement weather.
· Environmental Enforcement picked up 3 illegal signs at the corner of Amity Rd. and Highway 29 North.
· Currently have 3 vacancies in the Wastewater Department, Pump Station Tech and 2 ROW Techs.
· Town of Iva made two payments totaling $9,038.47 leaving their running balance $707,767.55.
· Preconstruction meeting was held to discuss the line extensions for the Betsey Tucker Project. Start date will be March 1st with 120 days for completion.
· Received Partial Approval to Place into Operation permit from DHEC for the Betsey Tucker Project. This Phase provides wastewater infrastructure for the TTI facilities. Final approval will be issued after the completion of extensions of lines A, B and C.
· Met with engineers and contractors on Hood Road in Powdersville to discuss a new subdivision that will require a pump station. This pump station will be operated and maintained by Anderson County Wastewater.
· There were 2 after hour calls for 7 hours of overtime because of A/C power problems at Hwy 86 #1 and Blythwood.
· Did you know? Calling (864)260-4023 with a TMS#, 911 address and Lot# will speed up the permit process when requesting new sewer service