Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway in the county:
Building and Codes
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 9 New Single-Family Dwellings; Vantage @ Powdersville Apartment Complex – Permits have been issued for Buildings 1 through 13, 29 through 38, Clubhouse, Cabana, Cart Storage Building, Dog Arbor, Carports and Garages G1 through G9; 7 Addition/Renovation; 1 Detached Garage/Accessory Building; 6 Demolition; 3 Replacement; 21 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades Including 2 Residential Solar; 3 Commercial Including: Grace Fellowship Re-Roof, Green Pond Landing Foundation Walls for Restroom, Anderson County Welcome Sign; 9 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Arthrex Manufacturing Phase I located off Hwy 76, C & F Mechanical 3-Phase Electrical, Civic Center Pump Station, Sign for Dollar Tree in Piedmont, Duke Foods, Wastewater Treatment located off Pine Road in Easley, Power Trac Addition off Hwy 29 South, Wedgewood Pump Station and various resubmittals
· MEETINGS HELD:
o Anderson County Planning Commission met on Tuesday February 13, 2018 and approved a variance for The Oaks at Shiloh Creek Subdivision to reduce front yard setbacks from 20’ to 13’ for lots 72, 73, & 74. There was no opposition.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
o Ballard Road Culvert Replacement Flood/Hydraulic Study
o Impact Analysis Report for Sitton Hill Road Project
o Floodplain Development Permit located at 515 3&20 Road, Easley
o Anderson Career & Technology Center/Landscaping Revision& Substitution
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
o Baldor Belton Solar Site located on SC Highway 247
o Piedmont Regional WRRF Solar PV System located on Osteen Road.
o Verizon Wireless 185’ located at 827 Blue Ridge Ave, Belton.
o Krut Led New Warehouse/Office 26,400 square feet located on 111 Preamble Court, Anderson.
o Duke Sandwich Pre-Treatment Center located at 211 Pine Road, Easley
o Hyundai of Anderson Expansion , Anderson
o Greenpond Tower Site Project Green pond Road
o Arbor’s at Cobb Glenn, Lot @22 (Final Approval)
o Avendell, Phase III, Section 4
o Hunter’s Crossings
o Knightsbridge (Special Tax Districts)
Hidden Brook (Special Tax Districts)
· GRADING PERMIT:
o Piedmont Regional WRRF Solar PV System
· COMPLIANCE ISSUES:
o 206 Wood Oak Drive, Anderson
o 300 Easley Highway-Pelzer (illegal business)
· Closed 117 work orders for the week.
· Fuel Prices: Unleaded: $2.02, E20 $1.99, Diesel $2.42
· Received a new truck for Buildings & Grounds that is in the Pre-Delivery stages.
· Fleet Manager and Shop Foreman went to Greenville this week to meet with the City of Greenville Fleet Manager to discuss the best 100 Fleet programs.
· John Deere 1050 at the Starr Landfill is down again due to front damage. Repairs are in progress.
· We currently have a Diesel Mechanic position open.
· Weekly Fleet Availability: 91.27%
· To see a listing of vehicles and equipment being sold visit the Anderson County Website at www.andersoncountysc.org You can then click ‘Online Auction’ to view inventory and register.
Roads & Bridges
· Bridge Crews set cages for Ballard Road project.
· Grading Crews finished amphitheater road at Green Pond Landing; Ditched and installed driveway pipe on Lewis Drive; started replacing a culvert on Lewis Drive.
· Ditching crew cut back shoulders for striping contract; installed driveway pipes and prepped for asphalt aprons.
· Vegetation Crews cleared property lines on Anderson County owned lots.
· Sign Crews installed closure around Courthouse and worked on Cox Road installing signs.
· Asphalt Crew installed driveway aprons and repaired potholes.
· Submitted storm water permit application for Shiloh Church Road Box Culvert Project to SCDHEC.
· Raised and lowered the Broadway Lake dam gate several times this week to maintain the lake level due to the frequent rainfall.
· The 2nd review for Arthrex Manufacturing Campus Phase I was conducted, and their application for the NPDES permit was submitted to SC DHEC.
· Reviews were conducted for Ben Thrasher Poultry (2nd), Ortec Pendleton Phase 1 (1st), First Quality Major Modification (1st), and Inlet Pointe Subdivision (3rd).
· Pre-cons held and approvals issued for Krut LED and ABB/Baldor Belton Solar.
· Did you know? The state-wide construction stormwater permit (NPDES) expired December 31, 2017. A new permit has not been issued by SCDHEC yet so the previous permit remains in effect. Stormwater requirements may change when the new permit is issued.
· Having a Litter Clean Up day on March 3, 2018 around the Greenpond area. We will be teaming up with Discover Anderson and Palmetto Boat Center with volunteers to pick up roads coming into the Greenpond Boat Landing.
· Pickens Construction has put asphalt binder down at the new Townville Convenience Center, and began paving.
· Environmental Enforcement has been patrolling Big Creek Road this week due to complaints of trash trucks littering the area. One ticket was issued this week due to uncovered load.
· Environmental Enforcement educated residents on covering their loads at the Whitefield, Carswell and White Street Convenience Centers.
· Negotiating with Anderson Regional Landfill on a new contract to handle Anderson County’s MSW needs.
· Met with Tripp Weldon of Bassmasters to plan for upcoming Bassmaster Classic.
· Replaced compactors at the King David and White Street Convenience Centers.
· In preparation for the Great Anderson County Cleanup, we have been doing inventory of our supplies and placing orders for safety vests, gloves and litter grabbers for our volunteers.
· Preparing the winning art work from the Anti-Litter Art Contest for Youth Art Month. The Opening Reception is Sunday, February 25th at the Arts Center.
· Delivered cleanup supplies to 2 volunteer groups this week so they can clean their adopted roadway.
· Did You Know? Almost 90% of Americans have access to either a drop off recycling center or curbside recycling service.
· Town of Iva’s running balance is $693,432.58
· Powdersville Master Plan Draft has been completed and will be presented for review by County Staff for approval.
· The pump station crew and a local contractor replaced air release valves on the Wren High School force-main. Force main was drained while completing Shiloh Force Main relocation project.
· Pre-Construction meeting was held for Five Mile Phase II Project. Projected start day is March 1.
· Did you know? the average cost of installing an 8-10 inch gravity sewer line is $165.00 per foot
We were able to save 98 % of the animals in our care this week.
· INTAKES: 103 (18 owner surrender, 5 return adoptions, 64 from animal control, 15 strays, 1 transfer)
· OUTCOMES: 41 animals adopted, 0 died, 2 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 3 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 16 were returned to their owners and 24 were sent to rescue and one escaped.
· Clinic performed 64 sp
· There are currently 181 large dogs, 17 small dogs, 17 puppies, 20 cats and 8 kittens in the facility.
· Out of the 171 animals available for adoption 154 (90%) are currently altered.
· There are 8 dogs being held for court.
· PAWS received $476.01 in cash donations.