Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway around Anderson County:
(Week of June 20, 2018)
Building and Codes
· Plan Review Meetings: 1) Met with Architect and Electrolux Representatives to discuss overall completion plan of project and coordination of Equipment Installation. Efforts to be coordinated with our Chief Inspector and the Local Fire Authority when staging equipment.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 19 Single-Family Dwellings; 4 Addition/Renovation; 7 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 8 Swimming Pool; 3 Demolition; 2 Replacement; 11 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades including 2 Residential Solar; 7 Commercial Including: First Citizens Bank Renovations, Bosch Cafeteria Renovation, Electrical for Charter Communications, Re-Roof for Shop Rite, Retaining Wall for Dollar Tree, Electrical to Jockey Lot for Building 145A, MacMillan Solar Project; 11 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Bandit Pizza Up-Fit located off Clemson Blvd., Blue Eagles Rentals located off Oak Rd in Piedmont, Clemson Grove RV Office located in Pendleton, E&I Engineering Expansion located off Supreme Industrial Drive, Restroom for Green Pond Landing, Interstate Tire Addition located off Auction Drive in Pelzer, Landers Equipment Storage Up-Fit located off Hwy 29 in Belton, Pelzer 1 Solar Farm located off Easley Hwy in Pelzer, Pendleton Grove Pump Station, Electrical Upgrade for Southern Painting, Starbucks Shell located off Clemson Blvd., Whitt Solar Farm located off Hwy 86 and various resubmittals
· CANCELLED MEETINGS:
o The Board of Zoning Appeals will not hold a meeting on June 14, 2018.
o Variance requested items will be covered under Amendment 38-69
· UPCOMING MEETINGS:
o Citizens Advisory Committee for District 5 & 6 will meet on July 5, 2018 to hear a Special Exception-Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church
o Setback variance- Points End Anderson.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
o TTI-Parking Garage-variance may be needed on aisle dimensions.
o Piedmont Natural Gas Authority Regulator Station locate on Brookhollow Road, Anderson.
o Whitt Solar Farm located at 2815 Highway 86 Piedmont.
o Ace Solar located at 2911 Highway 86 Piedmont.
o Pelzer Solar located at 635 Easley Highway Pelzer
o Martin & Martin located on Pelzer Highway
o Piedmont Dollar Tree
o Interstate Tires located at 1611 Auction Drive
o Floodplain Development Permit for Ross Road & Joyce Road
o Mt Pleasant Church Williamston
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
o Pendleton High School Expansion
o Smith Mill Townhome Development
· GRADING PERMITS:
o Heritage Pediatrics, Anderson
o The Enclave at Airy Springs
o Ravenhills Phase II
o Duplex Development located on Viking Court/Dixon Road
· To see a listing of vehicles and equipment being sold visit the Anderson County Website at www.andersoncountysc.org You can then click ‘Online Auction’ to view inventory and register.
Roads & Bridges
· Bridge Crews continued to work on restrooms at Green Pond Landing Project.
· Vegetation Crews mowed right-of-way throughout the county and continued trimming trees; removed 4 large trees on Grimes Street.
· Grading Crews continued work on bridge replacement to box culvert on Shiloh Church Road East.
· Ditching and Pipe Crews replaced driveway pipes, prepared for asphalt aprons, completed ditching requests, and assisted the Town of Honea Path with driveway pipe.
· Asphalt Crews completed driveway aprons and pothole requests.
· Sign Shop Crews performed routine maintenance for county signs.
· Pavement marking contractor worked this week replacing RPMs (reflective pavement markers).
· 5 Vacancies: (1) Engineering Tech., (1) Laborer, (1) Equipment Operator, (1) Mower Operator, and (1) Supervisor.
· On-Call Crew received 3 after-hours call-outs for a total of 15 man-hours: one tree, one sink hole, and one dead animal.
· Worked on the SMS4 permit renewal to DHEC for the county and the City of Belton, and preparation of the biennial report to DHEC for the past 2 years of SMS4 permit activities continued.
· Reviews were conducted for E&I Engineering Building Expansion (1st), Little River RV (1st), Anderson Storage (1st), and Anderson Regional Landfill (3rd).
· Resubmittals were received for Spinx Car Wash and Anderson Regional Landfill.
· Conducted an on-site compliance assistance meeting at Orian Rugs. The site has been under a cease and desist notice for several months.
· Met with the architect of a site inside Liberty Center near Hwy 178 and I-85 that is currently under a cease and desist for land disturbing activity without a permit.
· Annual employee stormwater training for Building & Grounds and the City of Belton conducted.
· Provided the Town of Honea Path some information of landfill tipping fees for the Chiquola Mill site.
· Delivered an 8-yard recycling container for Operation Care in Williamston to help recycle their cardboard.
· Completed recycling presentation for 34 members of the Utility Coordination Committee
· Environmental Enforcement is working an illegal dumping on George Bryant Rd. A fine was issued.
· We have 2 inmates for the convenience centers and 1 for the MRF this week due to a shortage of inmates on work detail at the Detention Center.
· Did You Know? Recycling 100 aluminum cans could light your bedroom for two whole weeks.
· Cleaned 3 drying beds.
· Pumped rainwater out of aeration #2 in preparation to repair diffuser rack.
· Began cleaning solids off the bottom of clarifier #2 with VAC-ON pumper truck and hauled solids to drying beds.
· ROW crew cut in Pendleton along Hwy 76.
· The pump station crew cleaned both check valves at FoodLion. They were leaking back into the wet well causing longer run times.
· The annual back flow testing for Powdersville Water has been completed.
· The pump station crew installed a gate at the driveway of our Gilmer pump station because of people riding through there after hours.
· We had 1 after hour call this week at Winding Stream because of a high level alarm due to the recent thunderstorm. Totaling 4 hours overtime.
· We were able to save 91% of the animals in our care this week.
· INTAKES: 180 (29 owner surrender, 2 return adoptions, 77 from animal control, 70 strays, 2 transferred in)
· OUTCOMES: 59 animals adopted, 5 died, 12 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 2 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 37 were returned to their owners and 35 were sent to rescue.
· Clinic performed 138 spay/neuter surgeries.
· There are currently 149 large dogs, 24 small dogs, 30 puppies, 33 cats and 60 kittens in the facility.
· There is one dog being held for court.
· There are 190 animals available for adoption. 116 of those have already been altered (61%).
· PAWS received $283.67 in cash donations $287.00 in donations for the Bow Wow Luau.
· Thank you to Building and Grounds for our new lawn equipment. We can keep the dog park looking great