The Town of West Pelzer announced today (March 17) that the Town will modify services through Monday, April 6th, to protect citizens and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19 in the community.
Mayor Blake Sanders said, “Taking into consideration CDC and DHEC recommendations on social distancing and measures taken across the nation to include travel bans, quarantines and event cancellations,” the Town will take the following precautionary measures:
• Access to public buildings is restricted to appointment only; All essential services should be conducted by phone or email. To schedule an appointment, please call 864-947-6297 Extension 107)
• Payments will be accepted over the phone (864-947-6297 Extension 107), online (www.westpelzer.com), via drop box (3 Hindman Street) and by mail (30 Main Street, Pelzer SC 29669)
• Permits, licensing and payment assistance will be handled by phone (864-947-6297 Extension 101)
• Scheduled public activities and meetings at the Town of West Pelzer Municipal Center will be canceled through April 6th. Council meetings, if required or scheduled, will be live streamed for public viewing.
• Chapman Park and O’dell Community Center will remain open at this time. We encourage you to follow CDC and SCDHEC guidelines. If you wish to cancel or reschedule your reservation for the O’Dell Community Center, please call 864-947-6297 Extension 107. • Essential Services and Personnel to Continue Operations with restrictions as deemed appropriate by local, state, or federal government
• Per Governor McMaster, utility service disconnects for late or non-payment will be suspended until April 6, 2020. The Town will continue to send bills; it is encouraged that all customers continue payment to avoid large balances. The Town of West Pelzer will accommodate alternate payment methods on an individual basis. Please call 864-947-6297 Extension 101 to discuss – we anticipate a higher than average call volume; please leave a message and we will return your call.
West Pelzer Police Department will:
• Maintain a six-foot safe space during interviews
• Take non-emergency reports over the phone to minimize contact
• May wear additional personal protective gear during medical response calls For non – emergencies please call 864 – 260 – 4444 to dispatch an of ficer. In the case of an emergency please call 911.
Municipal Court will: • Municipal Court is closed until further notice. When your case is rescheduled, the Court Clerk will mail a notice of rescheduled dates. Please call 864-947-6297 Extension 102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your contact information or to make a payment.
West Pelzer Town Hall | 30 Main Street | West Pelzer SC | 29669
• Municipal Court is available by phone Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm via phone only. Please call 864-947-6297 Extension 102 or email email@example.com. • Payment of fines should be made by mail or the online state system
Public Works will:
• Continue operations and maintenance of water/sewer infrastructure
• Perform maintenance and landscaping
• Limit employee-to-employee contact and employee-to-public contact
• Animal Control issues must be life-threatening before staff can respond due to PAWS being closed.
West Pelzer utility customers please note can pay online at www.westpelzer.com or by phone at 864-947-6297 Extension 107. Payments may be mailed to Town of West Pelzer, 30 Main Street, Pelzer SC 29669. There is a payment drop box located at the O’Dell Community Center located at 3 Hindman Street, Pelzer SC 29669.
Should the Town of West Pelzer need to provide any assistance throughout this process, please do not hesitate to contact the Municipal Center by phone at 864-947-6297. The Town of West Pelzer’s website and social media accounts will be updated regularly.