Town of Williamston work truck recovered, equipment missing

Williamston Police Officers investigated the theft of a work truck and equipment valued at $27,550 from the town’s maintenance shed and other incidents. Among incidents investigated were:
May 12 – Robert Messer, 32 of Wahalla reported a license plate stolen from a 2016 Ford F150 truck belonging to A&A Fire Protection of Greenville. The truck was parked in the rear of a construction site area at Palmetto High School, 803, North Hamilton St., Williamston. C. Parker investigated.
May 13 – Lisa Carol Aiken, 52, 602 N. Hamilton St., Williamston reported a tag stolen from a 1999 Honda Accord. C. Parker investigated.
May 14 – David Rogers of the Town of Williamston reported  someone cut a lock off the main gate of the town maintenance shed and stole a 2008 Ford F250 truck and a eighteen foot utility trailer with equipment. Equipment stolen included an aluminum utility box valued at $350, assorted hand tools valued at $350, 2013 SCAG 61 inch lawn mower valued at $7,300, 2015 SCAG 48 inch mower and bagger, Sthil weed eater valued at $400, Stihl weed eater valued at $400. The truck was valued at $15,000 and the trailer at $3,500. Total value of property taken amounted to $27,550. On May 15, the vehicle was located on Murphy Road and Benton Road after an individual called it in.
Reports state that unknown persons had attempted to burn the vehicle by lighting a fire in the interior of the truck. The burn attempt was unsuccessful, however there was smoke and fire damage to the cab. Latent finger prints were taken from a fuel can in the back of the vehicle and a Bud Light bottle beside the truck. The lawnmowers were missing. Officer R. Drennon, Detective L. B. Culbertson are investigated.
May 15 – Mary Helen Ragland, 72, 616 Bonanza Circle, Piedmont reported that when she attempted to fill a prescription at Ingles in Powdersville, she was told it had already been filled at the Walgreens in Williamston. Ragland told officers she attempted to contact the Williamston Walgreens but could not make contact with anyone. She contacted the central office and was told the pharmacy at the Walgreens in Williamston had been closed. C. D. Brown investigated.