Representative Westley P. “West” Cox, Chairman of the Anderson County Legislative Delegation, has announced a Delegation Meeting to be held December 2, at 6 pm at the Ronald Townsend Government Building, 2404 N. Main St., Anderson. Applications for seat on a number of boards will be considered.
Persons who previously applied in May or June for any seats listed need not re-apply as applications are still on file and will be considered.
Agenda will include:1. Consider Appointments to the Following Anderson County Boards and Commissions:
2. Registration and Election Commission (Two Seats – School Districts 1 & 5)
3. Tri-County Technical College Board (One Seat)
4. Disabilities and Special Needs Board (Two Seats)
5. Children’s Foster Care Review Board (Two Seats)
6. Anderson-Oconee-Pickens Mental Health Center Board (Two Seats)
7. Social Services Board (Two Seats)
8. Pendleton District Historical, Recreational and Tourism Commission (One Seat)
9. Sandy Springs Water District Board (One Seat)
10. Starr-Iva Water District Board (One Seat)
11. PARD (Parks & Recreation) Requests
12. Water Recreation Fund Requests
13. Two Anderson County Polling Place Relocations.
Anyone interested in applying for appointment to any of the above-mentioned boards or commissions can contact the Anderson County Legislative Delegation Office at 864-260-4025 immediately for an application or go online to www.andersoncountysc.org, select Departments, then select Legislative Delegation and scroll down to the application under Quick Links.
These applications must be completed and returned to the Delegation Office (Post Office Box 8002, Anderson, SC 29622) no later than Monday, October 11, 2021. Please contact Caroline Piasio (864.260.4025) with any questions.