Anderson County Sheriff’s Report


Anderson County Sheriff’s Deputies investigated the following:
Sept. 18 – M.T. Grant followed two suspects on a mini crime spree, as they escalated from shoplifting to burglary. Deputy Grant first responded to the WalMart at 11410 Anderson Hwy., where Ansley Huffman reported that a white male in a black hat and vest had left the store with a printer valued at $150. When Huffman followed him, a white female in a silver Nissan Xterra pulled up and they both fled. A little more than an hour later, Deputy Grant was dispatched to Nightmare Dungeon Haunted House at 645 Old Anderson Rd., where Scott Sexton, the owner, reported that someone had broken into the haunted house attraction and stolen two laser lights, valued at $13,600 and a BOSE radio valued at $500.

The description of the vehicle and the suspects matched those of the shoplifters. Sexton said he pursued them on Old Anderson Rd. towards Greenville, and the suspects struck a power pole, damaging the vehicle, which bore SC tag# PRF 590. The tag was found not to match the vehicle, and the damaged vehicle was eventually located by SCHP in Greenville County.

Sept. 18 – M.T. Grant responded to the WalMart at 11410 Anderson Rd. where he took Roshonques Perry, BF, 28 into custody for shoplifting items valued at $38.

Sept. 18 – C.P. Huff responded to the BiLo on Hwy. 153 where Debbie Rannells reported receiving a telephone threat that a bomb was going to go off at the Powdersville High School football game. All deputies at the game were alerted, but no incident took place.

Sept. 20 – C.P. Huff responded to 316 Ragsdale Rd. where he found Donovan Acorn, WM, 24, 6′ 160 pounds, passed out in the front seat of a taxi, naked from the waist down. The taxi driver, a 53 year old woman, said she picked Acorn up at a pub earlier, and that he immediately began groping her. When she rejected his overtures, he disrobed and tried to force her to fondle him. She finally reached his residence where he passed out in the car. He was placed into custody and transported to ACDC, on charges of assault and battery and indecent exposure.

Sept. 20 – M.T. Grant received a telephone complaint from Amy Keel, of 108 Camperdown Court that her 2009 Grizzly ATV had been stolen from her friend’s house at 1718 Old Pendleton Rd. The ATV was valued at $4000.


Sept. 18 – J.R. Brunson responded to 51 Evan McClain Rd. where Lee Reid reported that he and his brother had been in an altercation and his brother had thrown several bricks at his car, doing $300 worth of damage.

Sept. 18 – C.P. Huff responded to 241 Clardy Rd. n response to a reported domestic disturbance. Upon talking to Debra Holcombe, he learned that she and her husband, Randall Holcombe, WM, 60, 5’5″, 115 pounds had left the home following an altercation. While Huff was on the scene, the husband returned and began yelling at everyone. A license check showed that he was driving under suspension, and he was taken into custody.


Sept. 18 – J.D.Sparkman was dispatched to 205 Saluda Dr. Apt. #39 where he found David Dancy, of 402 Woodfield Drive with a gunshot wound to his leg. Michael Williams, WM, 20, 5’10″, 135 pounds was charged with attempted murder. He is currently being held at ACDC on a $75,000 bond.

Sept. 18 – S. Barnes was dispatched to the Shell Station at 2501 River Rd. where a store employee reported that a man in a solid green hunting jacket, wearing a black ski mask and carrying a shotgun had entered the store and robbed her of the money in the cash drawer and a carton of Newport Reds. The loss was estimated at $262.

Sept. 19 – J.T. Smith responded to a call of a burglary at 211 Country Manor Rd. where James Forrester reported that someone had entered his fenced yard and attempted to steal a guitar and a gasoline generator. They did steal a laptop from a storage building, valued at $200.


Sept. 19 – J.T. Smith responded to 6 Oakwood Court where Julie Gosnell reported that someone had broken into the vacant residence at that location.

Sept. 20 – J.R. Brunson and J.M. Alberson were dispatched to the Briar Ridge area in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Upon making contact with Kenneth Erwin,

II, who attempted to leave on his moped, Deputy Alberson’s left foot was run over by Erwin, WM, 27, 6’1″, 210 pounds, blk/grn. Alberson used his tazer and Erwin was arrested for assault and battery.