Anderson County Sheriff’s Report


Anderson County Sheriff’s Deputies investigated the following:


Oct. 2 – J.D. Sparkman responded to 106 James Rd. where Joseph Tallyen reported that someone had kicked in his door and entered his home. They stole firearms valued at $1500.

Oct. 2 – J.T. Smith was dispatched to 142 Denise Rd. where Jamie Galloway reported that someone threw rocks at his home, breaking a bedroom window.

Oct. 3 – C.P. Huff responded to the Community Bible Church at 8005 Hwy. 81 where Andy Deleonardas reported that someone broke in through a window and stole computers, electronic equipment and musical instruments valued at $4150.


Oct. 4 – P.D. Marter was dispatched to 155 Hollywood Dr. where Darlene Gordon reported that someone had broken into her vacant house and stolen an antique barber chair valued at a thousand dollars, and a stereo valued at $50.

Oct. 5 – J.R. Nubern received a telephone complaint from Ester Jackson, of 105 Jackson Dr., who stated that someone had pried open her locked mailbox and stolen some mail. Damage to the mailbox was estimated at $50.


Oct. 2 – J.D. Sparkman responded to106 Roberts Rd.,where James Holmes reported that someone had broken into his unlocked cars and stole money, radios and firearms valued at $835.

Oct. 2 – P.D. Marter responded to 1013 Welcome Rd. where Jamie Staples reported that someone had entered his vehicle and stolen a Ruger .45 caliber pistol valued at $500.

Oct. 3 – J.T Smith responded to Lot 21, 825 Joe Black Rd. in response to a continuing 911 call, during which 911 operators could hear the caller being assaulted. When Smith and Deputy Marter arrived, dispatch advised that the assault was continuing, but no one would respond to their presence. Just as they were about to force entry, a black male in boxer shorts came to the door. Thomas Dan Hunt, BM, 46, 5’11″ 155 pounds was eventually arrested for criminal domestic violence after Tabitha Gilliland, who has a child with Hunt, stated that he had assaulted her. Gilliland, from North Carolina, was visiting for a few days. The next day, upon returning home from ACDC, Hunt called the ACSO office and reported that she had left his home, and had taken five hundred dollars in cash, and a gold watch. The loss was estimated at $1000.

Oct. 4 – M.G. Davis responded to 102 Oak Court where Joe George, WM, reported that his son, Terry George, 46 had been yelling at him from across the street and he was worried that he would come to the house. He said he took his shotgun and fired a round into the ground as a warning. Deputy Davis then contacted Terry George who stated that he was standing on his back porch when his father fired the gun at him. Terry George and his wife were issued no trespass notices for Joe George’s property at his request The case was to be presented to a magistrate.