The registration deadline for anyone planning to vote in the upcoming Williamston Special Election, which will be held March 30, is this Sunday, February 28. Persons already registered are also reminded to update information if needed.
The Anderson County Board of Elections offers the following guidelines doe updating information:
• If you have moved, make sure you are ready to vote by updating your registration.
• If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by the deadline to be eligible to vote.
• If you’ve moved within your county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you – and your neighbors – by updating your information prior to the deadline.
Register online at scvotes.gov (requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card)
• Register online before midnight on the day of the deadline
You can also register by:
• Visiting your county voter registration and elections office.
• Downloading a voter registration form from www.scvotes.gov. Complete and return it to your county voter registration and elections office: By mail, (postmarked by the deadline) fax (received by the deadline)or by email attachment (received by the deadline)