What’s going on?
The Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects currently underway in the county:
· Met with engineering firm on developing a site plan for a new Family Dollar Retail Store located on Anderson Drive in Williamston
· Met with real estate agent for a proposed private recreation shooting range located on Corner Road in Honea Path. This property is zoned RA (Residential Agricultural) and requires approval by the Land Use Board of Zoning Appeals by Special Exception.
· Completed final review for Timmerman Jr. Boat Ramp, in Pelzer.
ROADS & BRIDGES
Completed the back-filling over the new Joe Black Road (C-01-0174) box culvert, completed all the dress-up work, placed the asphalt binder and installed the guardrail. Surface asphalt course is scheduled for early next week.
· Shred Day is scheduled for October 20, 10am – 2pm at the Civic Center of Anderson and Upstate Federal Credit Union in Williamston.
· The conveyor line at the Anderson Regional MRF was down for 3 hours. Staff was able to repair it. The conveyor belt will need to be replaced in the next budget year due to normal operational wear on the line.
Staff attended the annual ReWa sewer sub-district meeting. The emphasis of this meeting is to present infiltration and inflow (I&I) reduction projects completed in the previous year. Anderson County has not completed any I & I projects in the past 12 months. Anderson County is a sewer sub-district for ReWa in the Powdersville area.
· Performed one residential sewer tap inspection at lot #1 Springhill Farms subdivision in Powdersville.