Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway across the county:
Building and Codes
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 16 New Single-Family Dwelling and 10 Addition-Renovation; 1 Duplex; 11 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 5 Pool; 7 Demolition; 39 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 9 Commercial Including: Brookstone Meadows Bathroom #6, Brookstone Meadows Bathroom #13, Papa John’s in Powdersville, Richey Place Shops Shell, Oakview Park Assisted Living Sign, JRJ Commercial 40 KW Solar Power System, The Smoking Pig Carport, Electrical for Irrigation, Electrical Upgrade to Pentecostal Church; 24 Mobile Home: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: AG South Addition off of Hwy 28, Brookstone Meadows Bathrooms-Remodel, Five Guys Burger & Fries Remodel located off of Clemson Blvd., New Warehouse for Bargain City located off of Beaverdam Rd., Smoking Pig Carport, New 1200 sf Metal Storage Building for Upstate Electric Motors located in Williamston, Windsor Nails & Spa Up-Fit located off of McNeely Rd in Easley.
· July Stats:
o Revenue down 12% Compared to July 2015 ($87,048.80 to $76,907.40)
o New Single-Family & Multi-Family Dwelling permits Down 23% Compared to July 2015 (79 to 61)
o Total of 636 permits/transactions – Down 23% Compared to July 2015 (824): 147 Building, 168 Electrical, 88 Plumbing, 97 HVAC, 88 Mobile Homes, 18 Demolition, 0 Moving, 30 Miscellaneous
· Planning Commission met on Tuesday August 9, 2016 and approved the following subdivisions.
§ Rivermill Phase I (Revision); Bronson Ridge.
· In addition, the Planning Commission approved a request to subdivide a 5 acre parcel off of Highway 81 South. (The vote was 4 to 0 in favor of all applications with no opposition.)
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
§ Holiday-Inn Express located on Highway 153, Piedmont. (FINAL REVIEW)
§ Upstate Electric Motors located on Highway 29 & Chidewa Lane, Williamston
§ New Horizon Piercetown Electrical Substation located on Martin Road.
§ Proposed 12,000 square foot mini warehouse located on Beaverdam Road, Williamston
· LAND USE PERMITS APPROVED:
§ Anderson Ford Mazda Building Addition located on Clemson Blvd., Anderson.
§ Rivendell/Buckland, a PD, Planned Development, Lot #77, 68, Lot 1, and Lot #78-Final approval granted.
· GRADING PERMITS ISSUED:
§ Anderson Ford Mazda Addition located on Clemson Blvd., Anderson.
§ Hamilton Hills Subdivision
§ Caledonia Phase III
§ Rosehill Phase V
· COMPLIANCE ISSUES:
§ Pine Road, Piedmont-unsightly mobile home.
Roads & Bridges
· Grading crew replaced three 18″ cross-overs: Tollison Road, Bluebird Lane and Robinson Drive.
· Bridge crew repaired failing concrete on Old Williamston Road Bridge; spent one day (with no luck) trying to remove a beaver dam inside a concrete box culvert on Holiday Street in West Pelzer; spent the remaining part of the week repairing guardrail on Michelin Boulevard.
· Sign crew spent the week catching up work requests.
· Vegetation crew continued to mow in all seven areas and trimmed back roads with the trimming crew.
· Asphalt crew spent the week installing D/W aprons, patching potholes, and repaired the cross-overs after the grading crew finished the new installations; crew was able to reduce number of open work requests from 142 to 82 this week – great job guys!
· Several employees participated in the 2016 Annual SCAPWA Conference held in Greenville. Airline Road Bridge Replacement Project was recognized as the 2016 PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT OF THE YEAR at the Conference.
· At the request of Councilperson Floyd, the manager and other county representatives met with SC EMD staff regarding the Hazard Mitigation Program. This program has funds available for projects that would prevent various public safety hazards. The proposed Broadway Dam work would be a potential candidate; however, the time frame to receive an award was considered to be too lengthy.
· Repairs were completed on one of the two stormwater ponds associated with the new Orange Way and Ryobi Drive roads.
· Received new applications for New Storage Buildings on Whitehall Road at the intersection of Whitehall Road and New Hope Road, Line and Cannon Bottom Access Road & Meter Site off of Cannon Bottom Road.
· Received major modifications for site improvements for expansion at Orian Rugs and Richey Place.
· Received resubmittal for Spinx – Store #135.
· Staff conducted the pre-construction meeting for the Sandy Springs Mini-Warehouse Storage Facility and the W.S. Lee Steam Station – PNG Easement Parcel Clearing.