Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway around the county:
Building and Codes
· Applicable staff met with various other Departments and Utility Providers regarding the recent Arthrex Project announcement. Several owner representatives were present to discuss the permitting process and their timeline of construction
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 8 New Single-Family Dwelling; 5 Addition/Renovation; 3 Swimming Pool; 5 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 6 Demolition; 9 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades including 2 Residential Solar Panel; 6 Commercial Including: PolyMed Modular Office, Sander’s Storage Up-Fit, Antonio’s Pizza & Pasta Up-Fit, KFC Remodel, Ortec Fire Alarm System and First Quality Switchgear Building; 18 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Arnold’s Personal Storage/Garage located in Fair Play, Chuck’s Auto Repair located on Brushy Creek Rd, Duplex located on Claude Drive in Easley, First Quality-Cannonball 4 Fire Protection and Various resubmittals
· October Stats:
o Single-Family & Multi-Family Dwelling permits up 10% Compared to October 2016 (58 to 64)
o Revenue Up 54% Compared to October 2016 ($67,897.50 to $104,792.80)
o Total of 1012 permits/transactions – Up 45% Compared to October 2016 (696): 171 Building, 464 Electrical, 103 Plumbing, 119 HVAC, 94 Mobile Homes, 15 Demolition, 0 Moving, 46 Miscellaneous
· MEETINGS HELD:
o Board of Zoning Appeals met on Thursday November 9, 2017 and approved six (6) variances.
· SITE PLAN REVIEW:
o Warehouse Expansion located at 4200 Highway 81N.
o Verizon Wireless Expansion located at 145 Welpine Ridge Road.
o McDonald’s Williamston.
· GRADING PERMITS:
o Upstate Industrial park Oppermann Warehouse Piedmont
o Vantage Apartments Hood Road Powdersville.
o QuikTrip Highway 86, Piedmont.
o St. Andrews Apartments Old Williamston Road
o Sullivans Hills secured bond for $159,000
o Woodland Hills secured bond for $235,000
· October Stats:
o Land Use Permits, 125
o Septic Tank Permits, 86
o Subdivisions, 10
o Summary Plats, 37
o Commerical Upfits, 6
o Home Based Business, 4
o Compliance issues, 3
· Staff attended a permitting meeting for the Arthrex project.
· A re-inspection of Brookstone Meadows Clubhouse & Pool was unsatisfactory. Another cease and desist notice was issued.
· Review conducted for Vantage at Powdersville Apartments
· We were able to save 88% of the animals in our care this week.
· INTAKES: 144 (39 owner surrender, 2 return adoptions, 66 from animal control, 35 strays and 2 transferred in from other agencies).
· OUTCOMES: 94 animals adopted, 8 died, 10 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 2 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 28 were returned to their owners and 21 were sent to rescue
· Clinic performed 106 spay/neuter surgeries.
· There are currently 179 large dogs, 17 small dogs, 28 puppies, 28 cats and 71 kittens in the facility.
· Out of those 334 animals, 192 are currently available for adoption or rescue.
· 116 of those animals are currently spayed or neutered. That is 60%
· 31 animals were signed over from a court case after being held since 4/16/2017. They will now be available for adoption. 23 were puppies that were born in our care while awaiting court.
· PAWS received $456.18 in cash donations and approximately $125 worth of food and supplies.
· October Stats:
o We were able to save 93% of the animals in our care for the month
o INTAKES: 549 (89 owner surrender, 4 return adoptions, 249 from animal control, 202 strays and 5 transferred in from other agencies).
o OUTCOMES: 295 animals adopted, 10 died, 30 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 8 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 107 were returned to their owners and 75 were sent to rescue
o Clinic performed 448 spay/neuter surgeries.