Animal Shelter –
· We were able to save 93% of the animals in our care this week.
· INTAKES: 173 (18 owner surrender, 1 return adoption, 49 from animal control, 76 strays and 29 transferred in).
· OUTCOMES: 45 animals adopted, 5 died, 12 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 5 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 69 were returned to their owners (6 stray and 63 diversion) and 18 were sent to rescue.
· Clinic performed 161 spay/neuter surgeries.
· Currently 143 large dogs, 20 small dogs, 20 puppies, 30 cats and 36 kittens in the facility.
· 9 animals being held for court.
· 149 animals available for adoption. 75 of those have already been altered (50%).
· PAWS received $145.00 cash donations, $305.00 in donations for the Dog Park.
· This weekend PAWS is participating in the first ever state wide adoption event, PickMe! SC. This event is sponsored by Petco. We are hosting other shelters and rescue groups at PAWS and will be doing fee waived adoptions Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The goal is adopt out 1500 animals across the state.
· Thank you to the Roads and Bridges’ Sign Shop for repairing our roadside sign. It looks amazing.
· Did you know? According to the American Veterinary Medical Association formula there are approximately 45,000 dogs and 49,000 cats living in Anderson County.
· September Stats:
o We were able to save 92% of the animals in our care this month.
o INTAKES: 571 (59 owner surrender, 10 return adoptions, 222 from animal control, 280 strays and 169 transferred in).
o OUTCOMES: 195 animals adopted, 13 died, 30 were euthanized for illness or aggression, 17 animals were owner requested euthanasia, 249 were returned to their owners (16 stray) and 134 were sent to rescue.
Animal Shelter –