Anderson County Public Works Department reported the following projects underway around Anderson County:
Building and Codes
· Met with Development Standards to review plans that are submitted for a PD (Planned Development) Subdivision. Drawings were marked up accordingly to identify finish of homes as required by the PD and will be required to be resubmitted for final approval.
· Plan Review Staff Meetings: 1) Met with Contractor and Architect regarding Building Code related issues for plans to be submitted for Wexlar, which will be located in Alliance Park. Various issues were discussed to get an overall scope of how the building is to be evaluated.
· PERMITS SUBMITTED: 19 New Single-Family Dwelling and 2 Addition-Renovation; 7 Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings; 10 Electrical and HVAC Upgrades; 2 Pool; 3 Demolition; 5 Commercial Including: First Quality-Cannonball 3 Electrical for Maint. & Store Lighting, Electrical for Airport Hanger, Electrical for Temporary Construction Storage Building, Sign for All Storage, Electrical for Irrigation System; 11 Mobile Home including: New Homes, Change of Ownership, moves from other counties, change of location, etc.
· DRAWINGS SUBMITTED: Sign for All Storage, CJ’s Machining Shell Addition located off of McGee Road, Creekside Modular Office Phase II located off Hwy 153,
Roads & Bridges
· Long Road Bridge Project: Bridge crew finished grouting the new deck; touched up the rip-rap around each end. Grading crew worked all week dressing up shoulder slopes and grassed. Asphalt crew finished the asphalt binders. Guard rail is scheduled for next week.
· Asphalt crew: placed asphalt binder on Long Road, patched potholes, and were able to complete a few apron work requests.
· 2014-2015 FDP/ST contractor finished single-treating and fog-sealing all roads except for Hamlin Road. Contractor started milling at Hamlin Road on 9/17/2015.
· Staff performed pre-final inspections (asphalt binder) at five subdivisions: River Reserve Phase IV, Rose Hill Phase II, Enclaves @ Airy Springs, Caledonia Phase I, and Pheasant Ridge Phase I.
· Performed subgrade proof roll inspection at Topsail Bay (Phase III) Subdivision.
· All rights-of-way have been acquired for the Firetower Road Bridge Replacement Project. Construction is scheduled to start in the beginning of 2016.
· Environmental Enforcement was called out to Belton Highway/Shirley Store Rd. for an open storage issue. A 30 day clean up order was issued. Property was to be cleaned up by August 9, 2015. The resident was found guilty in court for not obeying the Clean-Up order. The resident’s fine was increased by the judge for not obeying the Clean-Up order to $500. The resident was issued another 30 Day Clean-Up Order on September 15, 2015.
· An individual was captured and arrested for breaking into the Whitefield Convenience Center on September 16, 2015 around midnight. This individual was taking items from the Haven of Rest Building that is located at the site. We appreciate the Sheriff Department’s efforts in capturing this individual. He was also placed on “No Trespassing “at our sites.
· Staff continues to work to recruit Adopt-A-Spot groups to help clean up the littered roads and areas in our county. We currently have 31 active Adopt-A-Spot groups.
· Modifications for Lee Steam Combined Cycle, Roberts Cemetery LLC Mausoleum, and Lewis Drive Spill Clean Up were approved.
· Plan review comments were returned to the respective design professionals for the Community Bible Church Expansion and Graham Poultry Farm.
· Received new application for 60,000 SF Manufacturing Facility for Euwe Wexler inside Alliance Industrial Park.